Gun Store Owner: We Alerted FBI to 'Suspicious' Customer Weeks Before Orlando Shooting

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The owner of a Florida gun store said he tried to alert the FBI to a "very suspicious" man later identified as Orlando nightclub shooter Omar Mateen after Mateen tried to buy body armor and bulk ammunition from the store.

Robert Abell, a co-owner of Lotus Gunworks in Jensen Beach, Florida, told ABC News today that a man entered the store five or six weeks ago and asked specific questions about high-end body armor. When employees said the store didn't carry the body armor he wanted, Abell said, the man made a phone call in a foreign language, hung up and then asked about ammunition in bulk.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/orlando-shooter-turned-gun-store-suspicious/story?id=39901107&cid=abcn_tco

Reactions: brinny

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"When employees said the store didn't carry the body armor he wanted, Abell said, the man made a phone call in a foreign language, hung up and then asked about ammunition in bulk."

Wow, real smooth. Don't tell me he shouted while he was on the phone too. o_O Lol.

Upvote 0

willowsbible

Jun 11, 2016
Core County Galway
✟8,440.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
And they did nothing about the call.
The muslim terrorist in Orlando even stopped during his rampage in Pulse to check and see if he was making new news on Facebook!

But weeks prior no one from an FBI field office bothered to interview people at this gun shop so that there would be no chance of anything ever appearing like this on Facebook?

Hey, thanks Hillary! Thanks! Love ya like an accomplice.:oldthumbsup: Tell me again how you betrayed the American's in Benghazi, and now Orlando and you want to be leader of the free world.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey, thanks Hillary! Thanks! Love ya like an accomplice.:oldthumbsup: Tell me again how you betrayed the American's in Benghazi, and now Orlando and you want to be leader of the free world.
This seems like a failing of the FBI.

When did Hillary become the FBI Director?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

There's nothing illegal about calling a gun store and asking goofy questions. Nope. The FBI has enough work trying to stop actual crime.

If people wanna place blame they need only look in the mirror. We do nothing after every mass shooting...we'll do nothing after this one.

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The muslim terrorist in Orlando even stopped during his rampage in Pulse to check and see if he was making new news on Facebook!

But weeks prior no one from an FBI field office bothered to interview people at this gun shop so that there would be no chance of anything ever appearing like this on Facebook?

Incredible, isn't it?

God help us.

Praying.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

So Hillary is at the same time calling the shots at FBI and being investigated by the FBI?

I was not aware of that.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
There's nothing illegal about calling a gun store and asking goofy questions. Nope. The FBI has enough work trying to stop actual crime.

If people wanna place blame they need only look in the mirror. We do nothing after every mass shooting...we'll do nothing after this one.
I am starting to think that since Sept 11, 2001 the FBI receives these sort of calls so much they.. unfortuntately, never bother to check on them.

Upvote 0

Crystal C

HAVE YOU SURVIVED ALL IN ORDER TO HATE?
Jan 1, 2016
PAH
✟7,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You didn't know she was Secretary of State. That's a shame. Pretty much keeps you out of this type discussion.

And when our President refers to ISIL he's crediting them with succeeding in their mission. We're fools if we think ISIS isn't in America. Lone wolf? Please! Individual wolves number a pack.

No surprise the FBI ignored the call. The White house ignores the CIA director warning against hundreds of thousands of refugee males, healthy and young males, entering this country.

This guy was on his cell talking to someone and speaking in Arabic when he was refused sales at this shop. That speaks of accomplice. He was an arrogant bugger. On the phone to his girlfriend, checking facebook to see if he made news there. He even texted his girlfriend. Think of the opportunity to bash his head in and yet.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You didn't know she was Secretary of State. That's a shame. Pretty much keeps you out of this type discussion. . . . .

Apparently you think the secretary of state runs the FBI when in office and ever after having had the position.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You didn't know she was Secretary of State. That's a shame. Pretty much keeps you out of this type discussion.
I was totally unaware the director of the FBI and Secretary of State were the same position. Much less aware still that presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was currently in either of those positions.

Upvote 0

Picky Picky

Old – but wise?
Apr 26, 2012
✟11,050.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I was totally unaware the director of the FBI and Secretary of State were the same position. Much less aware still that presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was currently in either of those positions.
Then there's John Kerry — what does he do for a living when he should be answering the phone at FBI HQ?

Upvote 0

Crystal C

Jan 1, 2016
PAH
✟7,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's a good thing I think. Because those things are untrue.

Upvote 0

Crystal C

Jan 1, 2016
PAH
✟7,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Apparently you think the secretary of state runs the FBI when in office and ever after having had the position.
Never said that. :) My remarks concern both Hillary R. Clinton and Barack H. Obama. Hillary was in charge of the State Department as Secretary of State. Barack H. Obama is President of the United States and wields authority when it comes to national security. And that includes influence upon the FBI.

Are you not aware of their roles when they were or are in office?

Upvote 0