Guilt over feelings

Oct 7, 2011
Scotland
✟7,846.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi all, sorry for not being around for a long time. Life just....got in the way, I'll leave it there.

Anyway, my question is this. A woman at my church died of cancer earlier this year, leaving her hubby (let's call him D) and 10 year old daughter. It hit the entire church family really badly and I was distraught for them, having lost my own mum to cancer at age 11. Recently, though, I've found myself having feelings for D. I feel so ashamed and guilty and wrong. His wife was a real sweetheart and as far as I'm concerned D is still hers, and pretty much always will be. He has never shown any sign that the feelings I have are mutual, nor would I expect him to. I feel like I'm betraying D's late wife's memory by thinking such things, I'm actually disgusted with myself and I want it to stop. How do I handle this one? Any advice would be great.

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think you should pray on your thoughts and not allow the devil to make you feel disgusted with yourself, because sin is disgusting Christ came to wash us clean of our sins as a believer the devil makes you feel disgusting. Also pray to find out if your thoughts are inappropriate or if they just are not culturally common. You have to ask God because He is the only one that has that answer for you.

Upvote 0