NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The church I attend kind of had the building sold out from under us and so we needed to find a meeting place. Well yesterday we bought this night club and it is so exciting but we are moving into this nightclub. I'm so excited. I love my new home church. It is so good to be there and not have roller coaster or manic/depressive church services. We have fun in our church. Our pastor loves to have fun and yet is totally serious about God and the gospel and our associate pastor is a wise man as well. I love the people and I feel at home here. This was a big move on our part to take over a night club that is still going strong. We are moving in Dec. 1st. :)

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What make you think it was built for a night club anyway?

It is almost a brand new building opened a few years ago for the purpose of a night club and is still operating as one. The owner decided to sell our church the building and is going out of business with the night club. Why I think so? It advertises itself as one and that is a good enough reason for me! It was thriving and yet the owner decided he wants to sell and he sold. :) I am okay with it and in fact excited about it. :clap:

I don't understand why would anyone question it after I just got through telling that it was a nightclub in my first post. ???:confused:

Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Will you guys keep the wet bar? ;)

Oh definitely! The other night at open house, I had the rocks! AND..... I also had some D.P. with a little lemon! :p------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(diet pepsi)

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The Bible college I went to started out as the church buying a nightclub. The nightclub use to close by singing "When the Saints come marching in" and one day they up and came marching in. Now they are all over the world.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cheri67

Make God happy, say your sorry..and mean it :)
Jul 10, 2007
✟8,100.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Morning NewSong..

Ya sound really excited and Im glad for you too. Its so much easier on the heart isnt it..when God works in everything :)

Im happy for everyone involved...

Satan is always around too,and theres always someone available to bid his call and try to bring things down

You hold your joy and trust God. I will thank Him WITH you :)

God bless sis

Reactions: NewSong
Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible college I went to started out as the church buying a nightclub. The nightclub use to close by singing "When the Saints come marching in" and one day they up and came marching in. Now they are all over the world.

Really? I love that story! We are so excited about how it all transpired. The guy who owns the nightclub is even the one who is financing it for us. Is God ever cool or what? How awesome is that? We are going to be paying far less for mortgage payments than we would have been if we had to rent a place this big. It is unbelievable all this man put in the package for the church. It is an incredible joy and with thanksgiving that we will have this building. He is closing his business on November 21st. What a mighty GOD we serve. What blows my mind is that I kept staying away from this church because I thought it was too far away to attend. I was driving about 22 miles one way to church with gasoline around 4.20-4.35 a gallon. I thought I have to be crazy or I really heard from God. I fought this for 3 years with one excuse or another and finally said, 'What is the worst thing that can happen?" I went and finally started feeling the financial crunch with the gasoline, then the gasoline prices started dropping little by little. I still was in a crunch and wanted to take more people to church but thought it was too far to expect them to travel. Then I go to church on that Sunday after I thought I was going to have to look for a church closer and the pastor tells the story along with the associate pastor and a church leader who is pretty saavy on this kind of stuff. The church is down the road less than 15 minutes from home. It is just unbelievable. Not just down the road but in the nightclub where a former individual and friend who sat under my dad as a pastor turned their back on GOD and went to doing things that were unbelievable and she would even admit it to everyone. Now God will be using the nightclub for HIS purposes and I think she will come back to church. I honestly do because of more than one reason. I can't wait to see what GOD is doing with this now. This is fun!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.