Wales
✟15,198.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Been involved with a couple of cliquey churches and spend alot of time sat alone on our church right now not through lack of trying. Some of the older people are very sweet but the people in their 20's are insanely cliquey. I've started being more and more social with my non Christian friends and it's effecting my relationship with God as i feel more connected with the secular world than the Christian one. Today God answered my prayers about something and showed me he's still with me. How can I stop not fitting in church effecting relationship with God? No judgement please just advice. Love and Prayers!

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
C - sorry to hear your church is that way. I've been in situations that can be cliquey. Its taken me many years to be able to do this but now I just walk around and step into a group and start talk with them. After a while I move to another group and start talking with them. Not the groups I'm interested in aren't as young as the groups you would be interested in. So I don't know if it would work for you, but it does work for me.

Upvote 0

Cardiffgurl21

Feb 26, 2014
Wales
✟15,198.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Thanks so much for you advice well i go to prayer meetings with this group have spoken to the leader about my hard to time fitting in, I see one of the girls at least three times a week at various church activities one where she drives me home and one where i work directly with her. None of this is through lack of trying, I've kind of given up trying with those particular people but am worried about leaving church and losing my relationship with God.

Upvote 0

Leet

Feb 24, 2015
✟77,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Maybe it's just not a good church. Church is only as productive as people make it and they seem blind to newbies being just as much of the Body as they are. Have you tried talking to the pastor or one of the elders? I don't mean in a "tattling" way. It's just something they need to be made aware of IMO. It could even be incorporated into a Sunday morning message, about inclusion. The pastor of my church often talks about open arms to newcomers and it's a very friendly church - I think you deserve the same! If they're not receptive to a chat and you don't see some changes, I'd honestly move on, unless you believe God really wants you at that particular congregation.
edit, sorry didn't answer you're specific question, bit pressed for time, bai for now.

Upvote 0

Cardiffgurl21

Feb 26, 2014
Wales
✟15,198.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Hello thanks for your advice Leet :) Some of the people who have been welcomed have been going as long as I have. I think it's a social thing as in they are trendier and more attractive etc. The leader is one of the elders :/ I think our pastor is aware he is totally lovely and has hinted a lot in his sermons. I think the older people in the church are also aware as they've been caring too. My husband sadly wouldn't change churches as he's really growing as a christian there. xx

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God is jealous for us sometimes. Perhaps this is a season where He wants you pressing in to get to know Him more? Focus on Him, and all this will likely sort itself out. At the very least, it will likely give you the ability to not really care what others think of you. It's Him that defines who we are, it's our love affair with Him that expresses our spirit's deepest desires, after all. Nothing else will satisfy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums