Greetings from Death row

C

CharlesRaby

"I hope you’ll take the next step and drop me a line. I am a Texas Death Row inmate reaching out for a lifeline to the world. Although I’ve known a lot of hardship in my 34 years of life, I try not to look back on all that. What matters now is today, and as many tomorrows as there are left for me. I hope that there will be many of those, and that I will always be able to feel some measure of happiness, even here in this place, where happiness doesn’t come easily. I keep up with what’s going on in the world as best I can with the radio and newspapers. I like music, both classical and rock, so my radio is important to me. I enjoy basketball and most sports, especially when I’m one of the players, which hasn’t been the case for a while now. I also like to draw, and to read, everything from Harry Potter to Dostoevsky – anything that makes me use my mind and my imagination.
What I miss most of all is what the radio and books can’t provide, and that’s friendship and real human contact. Life was never meant to be lived alone, and being able to share its ups and downs with someone makes the ups better and the downs easier – and the flats a little more fun. I’ve lost a lot over the course of my life, but I’ve hung on to what’s important – loyalty, honesty, courage, a sense of humor and the ability to experience friendship and love. A letter from you would mean a lot to me, and I hope you’ll take this opportunity to write to me."

Orchids

never grow up
Nov 9, 2004
California
✟17,131.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
welcomebutterflies.gif
2a623c4c.gif

Upvote 0
J

Jemtree

Welcome. I am new to this site, myself. I think it looks like a great place.

I homeschool my kids, so this is kind of a "lifeline" for me as well. I don't get much opportunity to get outside, lol. Not the same, but still kind of restricted.

We are a military family over sea's, with no family for 1000's of miles.

I hope you find sincere friendship and this a place to share your heart.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Upvote 0

Restoredsoul

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2006
UK
✟24,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi! I’m Restoredsoul a CF Angel

Welcome to CF!

It might seem a bit daunting at first as there are so many places you can choose to post!
(Click on red text for direct links!)

First of all I would suggest checking these out:

New member intros (Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you!)

blessings and reputation ( a bit confused check this out!)

Need help? (Check out the how to page and post any queries)

Once you have got to grips with the basics it’s time to fellowship!

Blessings Exchange (Go here and join in the fun!)

Friendship Court (Say Hi and meet new friends here)

Prayer (Add your own requests and pray for others here)

Life stages(Find the forum which best suits you here)

Then just have a look around, see what interests you and get posting!

Remember:

Upvote 0

~Jo~

Just becareful out there.
Mar 8, 2008
In my room
✟20,354.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
hope-3.gif

Hello and welcome to CF. It must be bad enough to be where you are, but to be there for something you did'nt do is tragic. God bless you and all the other people there with you. I do hope you get justice very soon. If you would like to PM me please feel free to do so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums