1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great moments in journalism: “Sikhism originated in Italy” and other stupid things...

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter CF Ambassador

Faith:
    Catholic
    ...TV says about religion

Back in the days when we got the news from TV sets with rabbit ears and read newspapers with smudgy ink (some even had afternoon editions!), I attended a fairly respectable journalism school where we were required to take courses in economics, politics, history and a foreign language —ostensibly, so that we would be Well-Rounded. Upon graduation...

Great moments in journalism: “Sikhism originated in Italy” and other stupid things TV says about religion...

2. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

Faith:
    Judaism
    How about colleges? I once got into a heated discussion with a professor who was convinced that Jesus was a prophet in Judaism and that, despite practicing Judaism, I was probably just "not in church that day" when they taught us about Jesus being a prophet.

I was not really that amused.

If a college can't get it right, what hope is there for TV?