in vivo veritas
May 20, 2013
Amsterdam
✟15,712.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
According to geologist, granite is a type of rock that is made out of crystals formed at temperatures above 900 degree Celsius. Scientists has measured the cooling rate of granite rock and found out that it cools down at a rate of about 25-250 degrees Celsius per 1 million year.

In nature we find a lot of granite with a temperature of ~25 degree Celsius. If we are to believe geologists, chemistry, physics and theory of crystallization and heat conduction theory to be correct, then it implies the Earth is at least ~4 million years old - in other word it implies that Young Earth Creationist's estimated age of the Earth is off with at least a factor 1000.

Last edited:

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
According to geologist, granite is a type of rock that is made out of crystals formed at temperatures above 900 degree Celsius. Scientists has measured the cooling rate of granite rock and found out that it cools down at a rate of about 25-250 degrees Celsius per 1 million year.
In nature we find a lot of granite with a temperature of ~25 degree Celsius. If we are to believe geologist, chemistry, physics and theory of crystallization and heat conduction theory to be correct, then it implies the Earth is at least ~4 million years old - in other word it implies that Young Earth Creationist's estimated age of the Earth is off with at least a factor 1000.
Believing the earth is 6000 years old is like believing the USA is 8 yards wide, that gives you some idea of just how far out creationists are..
There are trees nearly 6000 years old still alive today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

In situ

in vivo veritas
May 20, 2013
Amsterdam
✟15,712.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Believing the earth is 6000 years old is like believing the USA is 8 yards wide, that gives you some idea of just how far out creationists are..

I never been to murika, but I seen in an atlas that murika is no more than about a feet wide. I am quite sure I estimated it properly.

There are trees nearly 6000 years old still alive today.

Alive clonal trees can reach even higher ages.

There are several spruces in Sweden aged >8000 years old some of them ~9.5 thousand years old. Their ages coincident with the ice age in Scandinavia (it is hard for trees to grow under 3000 feet of ice). There is an oak in murika aged 13 thousand years old and aspens estimated up to 1 million years old.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

In nature we find a lot of granite with a temperature of ~25 degree Celsius. If we are to believe geologists, chemistry, physics and theory of crystallization and heat conduction theory to be correct, then it implies the Earth is at least ~4 million years old - in other word it implies that Young Earth Creationist's estimated age of the Earth is off with at least a factor 1000.

It is not 4.5 billion years old either.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
According to geologist, granite is a type of rock that is made out of crystals formed at temperatures above 900 degree Celsius.
Meaning what?

God didn't create granite ex nihilo?

Is that what you want me to believe?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

The granite may well be billions of years old, life was created six thousand years ago. All we know about the original creation is that it was 'in the beginning', life on the other hand was created six thousand years ago.

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The granite may well be billions of years old, life was created six thousand years ago. All we know about the original creation is that it was 'in the beginning', life on the other hand was created six thousand years ago.

What extra-biblical verifiable data confirms this bronze age claim?

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Do I understand that you mean "all" life was created only six thousand years ago?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but no one is entitled to their own facts. :)

Exactly, and the facts show that evolution and all associated
old earth and old galaxy theories are impossible, not just
unlikely.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, and the facts show that evolution and all associated
old earth and old galaxy theories are impossible, not just
unlikely.
First, I suggest that we respect "In situ's" thread and stick to his topic. It has nothing to do with evolution or astronomy, rather how granite forms and the time involved for it to form.

Having said that, if you can present any supporting scientific facts that support your position of a young earth, I would be very happy to review and access each of them individually. Keep in mind that I do have a considerable background in petrology.

And please keep in mind that we are talking about the formation of granite.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do I understand that you mean "all" life was created only six thousand years ago?
All living things on earth, I think the angels were created previously but none of the details of that creation are available. God may well be creating life elsewhere but in answer to your question, all living creatures alive today descended from the originally created kinds from creation week.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,099.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
All living things on earth, I think the angels were created previously but none of the details of that creation are available. God may well be creating life elsewhere but in answer to your question, all living creatures alive today descended from the originally created kinds from creation week.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Does that include life we find in the fossil record?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RickG

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Grace and peace,
Mark
Hmmm, now that presents a problem. :scratch:

How do you explain the fossil record distributed throughout the geologic column that is older than six thousand years?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hmmm, now that presents a problem. :scratch:

How do you explain the fossil record distributed throughout the geologic column that is older than six thousand years?
Why would I have to explain it, like I said, the earth could well have been created billions of years ago. There is nothing conclusive about dating methods, I've seen carbon 14 used effectively, but even then it can be adjusted hundreds of years. Geology has never been an issue for me.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Why would I have to explain it, like I said, the earth could well have been created billions of years ago. There is nothing conclusive about dating methods, I've seen carbon 14 used effectively, but even then it can be adjusted hundreds of years. Geology has never been an issue for me.
What I'm asking you to explain is how do we have fossils in millions even billions of years old strata? How did they get there if they are only 6,000 years old at best?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What I'm asking you to explain is how do we have fossils in millions even billions of years old strata?
I saw a loaf of raisin bread once.

It always baffled me how those aged grapes got inside that freshly-baked dough.

• Haha
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0