Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess he's as ignorant of the First Amendment as he is of Climatology:

From the Louisiana State website:

It is therefore with disappointment that I read of the White House’s plans to make this visit part of a tour for your climate change agenda. Although I understand that your emphasis in New Orleans will – rightly – be on economic development, the temptation to stray into climate change politics should be resisted.

While you and others may be of the opinion that we can legislate away hurricanes with higher taxes, business regulations and EPA power grabs, that is not a view shared by many Louisianians.

I would ask you to respect this important time of remembrance by not inserting the divisive political agenda of liberal environmental activism.

http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&articleID=5083

As someone who lives in the South herself, I applaud the President's efforts to bring science and reason to a culture that seems more convinced that God is going to end the world next month because the Supreme Court approved gay marriage than that human beings themselves will hasten the world's end through overconsumption, consumerism, greed, violence, and war.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Feds need to spend much more on climate change relief in New Orleans funneled through the NO politicians.

That has really proved to be an effective means to building up the infrastructure climate defense in the past, and will be sure to be the same winning strategy in the future.

Go Obama Go!

Upvote 0

frenchdefense

Feb 25, 2009
✟18,286.00
Faith
Catholic
Piffle I say

Piffle

Piyush Jindal doesn't even have enough integrity to use his real first name. "Bobby" - yeah right.

Absolutely no one knows he's running for President, his unfavorable rating in Louisiana are about 70%, he's a climate denier who's in the pocket of Big Oil, hates his own constituency so much that he's refusing free federal funds to expand Medicare, panders to big pharma, and the gun lobby and according everybody's polls he could carry his own state in a federal election if he was running against Stalin.

Who the mercy sakes cares what he thinks ?

Especially a 7 year President who's redefining what "lame duck" means, is on top of his game and who's popularity is rising ?

Upvote 0

Korah

Anglican Lutheran
Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
California
✟24,848.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Feds need to spend much more on climate change relief in New Orleans funneled through the NO politicians.
That has really proved to be an effective means to building up the infrastructure climate defense in the past, and will be sure to be the same winning strategy in the future.
Go Obama Go!
Kudoes!
Nice to see you getting on board with the 21st Century.

Upvote 0

Korah

Anglican Lutheran
Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
California
✟24,848.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I liked your Post #2, first of yours I have liked (other than appreciating your valuable humor).
I say this as one who first voted for Goldwater in 1964, Perot in 1992 and 1996, will vote for Jim Webb in the Dem primary and hopefully for the general election for POTUS as well, and who will vote for Trump if Webb is not nominated (cause Bernie is even older than I am and even Biden would be 82 after 8 years as POTUS, Warren is tough enough to fight banks but not our FOREIGN enemies, O'Malley does not admit the White Lives Matter (much less that Cops Lives matter).
That is, I'll vote for Trump whether Republican or 3rd Party, but there is none other of the 17 for which I have the slightest respect (but tempered by not knowing enough about Gilmore to have an opinion). (I respect all the Dems except the one I did not mention.)

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Piffle I say

Piffle

Piyush Jindal doesn't even have enough integrity to use his real first name. "Bobby" - yeah right.

Absolutely no one knows he's running for President, his unfavorable rating in Louisiana are about 70%, he's a climate denier who's in the pocket of Big Oil, hates his own constituency so much that he's refusing free federal funds to expand Medicare, panders to big pharma, and the gun lobby and according everybody's polls he could carry his own state in a federal election if he was running against Stalin.

Especially a 7 year President who's redefining what "lame duck" means, is on top of his game and who's popularity is rising ?
Piffle I say

Piffle

It's true. We hate jindal.

Upvote 0

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
hurricane_frequency-march2015.png

gtcl-2014.jpg

usbt-2015.jpg

As you can clearly see from the graphics, tropical cyclone activity has never been more active, more destructive and more frequent. Well that is what the models predicted so that is good enough for me. :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Go Obama Go!
It'll never happen as long as money if funnelled through NO politicians. Those are the biggest crooks.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It'll never happen as long as money if funnelled through NO politicians. Those are the biggest crooks.
The reputation of NO politicians extends well beyond the borders of Louisiana.
And the effects of that kind of corruption were exposed very well indeed during Katrina.

So when a politician gives a speech, it is worthwhile to remember how well the solutions have worked in the past. It has nothing to do with climate change, and everything to do with corruption, as any infrastructure funding gets funneled through the troughs.

Upvote 0