Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just another straw in the haystack showing the current delirium of society. I wonder if it will cause alleged 'irreparable damage to mental health' like the Jesus portrait.
Doubt it. It just shows the phoniness for what it is, to perpetuate against Christianity.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Gathering from their site, they only planned to unveil it (in July, by the way, so this isn't exactly news).

The ten commandments monument was removed, and this baphomet monument wasn't set up.

http://kfor.com/2015/07/02/satanic-...baphomet-statue-after-oklahoma-courts-ruling/

After some deliberation, they unveiled it in Detroit, at an industrial building.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/26/satanic-temple-sculpture-detroit-oklahoma

A Satanic organisation unveiled a controversial bronze Baphomet sculpture in Detroit just before midnight on Saturday, after trying in vain to have it installed near a Ten Commandments monument in Oklahoma.

Due to planned demonstrations, the group, which is opposed to Bible-themed displays on government land, kept the location of the unveiling of its nine-foot-tall monument secret until the last moment, when it emailed the information to ticket holders.

The Satanic Temple unveiled the one-ton statue at an industrial building near the Detroit River just before 11.30pm local time as supporters cheered: “Hail Satan.” Some of the hundreds in attendance rushed to pose for photos.

Nice falsehood there in the OP.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you understand the difference between a Public Sponsored Display and a Private Sponsored Display?
Last I checked (Correct me if I'm wrong) but the Baphoment monumnet in Detroit is NOT on Public Land
While the 10 Commandments Monument was on Public Land

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
And now religious freedom is a bad thing....

Make up your minds, people!

Religious freedom is the most important thing! The freedom to bash and discredit all other religions that is.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"Give Ceasars things to Ceasar and Gods things to God."

What is the importance of words carved in stone if they aren't carved into the soul?

This attachment to matterial imagery is a distraction that allows anger to enter your heart just as a troll does when he plays you like a fiddle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Religious freedom is the most important thing! The freedom to bash and discredit all other religions that is.
Freedom is more a responcibility than a right. This is what most people fail to understand and what usually causes most of the anxiety in the world.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Let me remind people, as has been mentioned, the OP is wrong. No satanic monument was erected; it was only going to be erected if the Ten Commandments were not removed.

My guess is the OP got some chain letter, or saw a Facebook post, with false information and never bothered to read the linked article, much less to find out what actually has happened in this case since the article was written.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Oh hey, look, Christians spreading falsehoods about an article they didn't bother reading. I bet Jesus loves that.
Personally, I doubt that.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Oh hey, look, Christians spreading falsehoods about an article they didn't bother reading. I bet Jesus loves that.
Fearful people allowing themselve to be drawn into an issue that doesn't add or detract from their relationship with ther God is there own fault. No deiety is responcible for their insanity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Let me remind people, as has been mentioned, the OP is wrong. No satanic monument was erected; it was only going to be erected if the Ten Commandments were not removed.

My guess is the OP got some chain letter, or saw a Facebook post, with false information and never bothered to read the linked article, much less to find out what actually has happened in this case since the article was written.
Time magazine disagrees ...
Hundreds Gather for Unveiling of Satanic Statue in Detroit | Time

They were there to publicly unveil a colossal bronze statue of Baphomet, the goat-headed wraith who, after centuries of various appropriations, is now the totem of contemporary Satanism. The pentagram, that familiar logo of both orthodox Satanists and disaffected teens, originated as a rough outline of Baphomet’s head.

The statue itself is impressive: almost nine feet tall, and weighing in at around a ton. The horned idol sits on a throne adorned with a pentagram, but it is the idol’s wings, and not his chair, that curiously evoke the Iron Throne from a certain celebrated HBO fantasy series. He has the jarring horns of a virile ram but the biceps of a guy who lifts four or five times a week. His legs, which are crossed, end not in feet but in hooves. It might seem more menacing if not for the two bronze-statue children standing on either side of him — a girl on his left; a boy on his right; both are looking up at him earnestly.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The important part is that this statue was erected on private property. And not even high value private property, but an industrial compound in detroit.

Everyone can erect and unveil any kind of monument on his own private property. Surely there is nothing wrong to be found with that, hmm?

On the other hand, there are some things to be found wrong with spreading a story like this in a deliberately misleading way, which leads to outcries of christian persecution for a thing that has never happened.

PS: Can you even call a small statue placed on private property a monument?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Time magazine disagrees ...
Hundreds Gather for Unveiling of Satanic Statue in Detroit | Time

They were there to publicly unveil a colossal bronze statue of Baphomet, the goat-headed wraith who, after centuries of various appropriations, is now the totem of contemporary Satanism. The pentagram, that familiar logo of both orthodox Satanists and disaffected teens, originated as a rough outline of Baphomet’s head.

The statue itself is impressive: almost nine feet tall, and weighing in at around a ton. The horned idol sits on a throne adorned with a pentagram, but it is the idol’s wings, and not his chair, that curiously evoke the Iron Throne from a certain celebrated HBO fantasy series. He has the jarring horns of a virile ram but the biceps of a guy who lifts four or five times a week. His legs, which are crossed, end not in feet but in hooves. It might seem more menacing if not for the two bronze-statue children standing on either side of him — a girl on his left; a boy on his right; both are looking up at him earnestly.

If you read the OP, you would know that it was talking about erecting the monument on public land, at the state capital building, in Oklahoma City, where the Ten Commandments monument was removed. Since this is talking about the monument being placed in Detroit, it has no relevance to the OP or my post.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
ok-10-comandments.jpg

Aside from the fact that both objects are unconstitutional on public land, neither one has a shred of artistic value; they both deserve to be used as landfill.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If you read the OP, you would know that it was talking about erecting the monument on public land, at the state capital building, in Oklahoma City, where the Ten Commandments monument was removed. Since this is talking about the monument being placed in Detroit, it has no relevance to the OP or my post.
Incorrect.

Here is the very first sentence in the referenced article:

The Satanic Temple will ceremoniously unveil the controversial bronze Baphomet monument on Saturday, July 25th in Detroit. http://thesatanictempledetroit.com/campaigns/national-campaigns/oklahoma-city-monument/

Notice that the entire first sentence speaks of the Detroit monument. Hope that provides sufficient clarification.

Reactions: Bible Page
Upvote 0