good vampire books

baiguai

Nov 5, 2008
✟7,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am wrapping up all the Twighlight books - they are addictive for sure. But for vampire lore I would suggest Ann Rice (and how cool is it that she has returned to her faith! Christ the Lord, Out of Egypt was a great book btw - she is Catholic so there's some weirdness related to Jesus' brothers and sisters - but her focus is rightly on Jesus).

I've read The Vampire Lestat and I've gotta say it was much bigger, much better than I thought it would be, and I was expecting a lot because of Rice's reputation at that time (she was THE author to read if you love gothic tales etc)

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
I am wrapping up all the Twighlight books - they are addictive for sure. But for vampire lore I would suggest Ann Rice (and how cool is it that she has returned to her faith! Christ the Lord, Out of Egypt was a great book btw - she is Catholic so there's some weirdness related to Jesus' brothers and sisters - but her focus is rightly on Jesus).
That may be because Catholics don't believe Jesus had siblings.

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I enjoyed the Anne Rice books up to Tale of the Body Thief. They go downhill way after that. Though Vitorio the Vampire wasn't bad. The Sonja Blue series(name of author escapes me) is hard to find but a really awesome series of books. A sort of strange vampire book is The World on Blood. Not your typical vampire fair but an interesting book. Robert R McCammon did a vampire book, again name escapes me but you should be able to look it up fairly fast.

The trilogy by Jeanne Kalogridis is also pretty good. And if you like more flowery vampire fair that isn't Twilight, I'd recommend Poppy Z Brite's Lost Souls.

Upvote 0

Bampot

May 14, 2009
Indiana
✟7,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
"Blood Sucking Fiends" and "You Suck" by Christopher Moore. Comedy + vampires = genius!

I'm picking them both up after I'm done with my current read. I had never read any Moore before Fool, which I finished last week. I can't wait to read more of his work.

Upvote 0

Solomon Kane

Jun 26, 2005
Columbus, OH. USA
✟19,475.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
The Sonja Blue series(name of author escapes me)
The authors name is Nancy Collins.

Robert R McCammon did a vampire book, again name escapes me but you should be able to look it up fairly fast.
It's called, They Thirst.

Upvote 0
L

lilredheadangel1

I have 4 series... I think they are mostly geared to girls but who knows you may like them.

The first one everyone has mentioned.

Twilight

Another series is called House of Night by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Blue Bloods Series by Melissa De La Cruz

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

I am not into all blood guts and gore so I liked these a lot... there is suspense and some romance thrown into all of these.. not your typical vampire books... any of them.. but it's good to shake things up every now and then :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums