Jun 26, 2005
Columbus, OH. USA
✟19,475.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
It's OOP but, if you can find a copy, I recommend John Skipp and Craig Spector's, The Light at the End.

If you want a classic that influenced Stoker's Dracula, there is the novella Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu. A sequel, written in 1998, titled Carmilla: The Return, by Kyle Marffin, is also worth checking out.

If all else fails you can check Wikipedia's list of vampire novels;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Vampire_novels

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KristyAnne

Veteran
Sep 17, 2005
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Visit site
✟9,106.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm just going to throw out there that Vampires don't spit venom and sparkle.

Or, you know, exist :p So an author can portray them however they wish.

Twilight doesn't use a lot of the standard vampire lore, since the author doesn't read or watch vampire books or movies, which is probably why I like it so much. I like reading about vampires, but am a bit of a wuss when it comes to blood and gore, so the series is perfect for me. But if you're more of a vampire purest, it may not be for you.

God Bless.

Kristy

Upvote 0

Solomon Kane

Jun 26, 2005
Columbus, OH. USA
✟19,475.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Another one that I enjoyed is Anno Dracula, by Kim Newman.
It is an alternate take on the Stoker's Dracula. In the novel Dracula won and 1890's England is now over run with vampires.
It manages to mix vampires, a murder mystery, and Victorian spy thriller in to an exciting read.

If you like it then the sequel The Bloody Red Baron is also one you should check out. It moves the world setting forward to WWI.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
I've been looking for some good vampire novels as well. I'm looking for "grown-up" books, like Stoker's Dracula and Rice's Interview with the Vampire. I also like stories with a White Wolf: Vampire the Masquerade feel to it. I am not looking for novels written specifically for kindergarten to high school kids. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0