Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This brings me back to where the Gospel is first preached after the Fall of Adam. In cursing the snake, God said,

And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

Today we celebrate the bruising of the heal of our Savior. Men from the time of Adam to Christ looked forward to this blessed event. We're privileged to look back on it.

I'm reading a novel called 'The Days of Peleg' ....

If you're going to read the book please stop reading. I don't want to spoil it for you.

....and am at the point where Peleg is finally found by Shem. Shem was 300+ years old at the time and had been told by God that Peleg's older brother, Joktan, was not the one who would be bring about the zera—the seed of the woman that would crush the serpent's head. He was in despair for years as Eber had not produced any more children, and Peleg had been kidnapped right after the "great enlightenment" (as some called the confusion of the languages). Upon finding Peleg through some very unlikely events his eyes teared up as he looked to the heavens and thanked the Creator who was faithfully fulfilling his promise.

Kinda cool that I reached that point in the book at this time. It really illustrated the blessing of the cross to all the generations of history.

Good Friday!

Last edited: