• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

good Christian songs to help with depression?

Nicci

Sep 10, 2003
Alabama
✟321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I was wondering if anyone had any Christian songs they liked to listen to that someone with depression could relate to, and that gave them comfort.

meh...that sentence is kind of disjointed; sorry about that, it's been one of those days and I don't feel like figuring out the correct way to word my question. Hopefully, y'all know what I meant to say lol.

Reactions: L.M.

tj179

Spirit filled
Nov 8, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟190.00
Faith
Christian
I have a CD that I listen to each day and it lifts me every time I listen to it. Not so sure it will do the same for you but try it.
If you are able to, download the songs off the internet. Do a search for gospel at Kaaza. Here are a few.
The old rugged cross, What a friend we have in Jesus, One day at at time sweet Jesus, I saw the light,Stand by me,I come to the garden alone.
A site that you can order CDs of David Demarco is Daviddemarco.com He was at our church 2 weeks ago and he has an excellent voice and a great love for God. My daughters age 22 and 20 loved it. He writes his own songs. The one I enjoyed the most is called Im Free. Sings about how we are free to worship the way we choose.
I hope this helps you out and I am praying for you. It is nice to see that you are searching for the Lord in music. Music is a great way to worship.
May God bless you,
Tom

Upvote 0
I thought these few have really good message (most of them with a personal message when you are down)...Most of them are downloadable via Kazaa/emule

4Him - The Measure of a Man
Avalon - Everything to me
DCTalk - In the Light
FFH (Far From Home) - You Found Me
Jeff Deyo - I Give You My Heart
Jeff Deyo - More Love More Power
Joy Williams - Surrender
MercyMe - Word of God Speak
Natalie Larue, TBone, Dj Maj - King of My Life
Jill Parr - Orbit
Switchfoot - Meant to Live
Todd Agnew - This Fragile Breath
ZOEGirl - You Get Me

Hope they help your friend as much as it helps me.

• Agree
Reactions: Wongster
Upvote 0

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kutless is my favorite by far! They explore such a great range of emotions, but I wake up to "Grace and Love" every morning. I would definately buy their CD because they're not only 100% Christian, they're wonderful musicians as well! Run by Kutless is one of the best anti-depressants that exists!

Actually it'd help if you had a Genre to work with here. If you're into heavier stuff to release your emotions, pillar or Disciple could be good. Perhaps you could mention some groups you already like?

Upvote 0

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
hmmm....actually something that helps with depression is to just shake it off and just praise God, either in prayer, reading, or praise & worship music.....I know this works because I have severe depression and I'm not on any med's and doing this is the thing that gets me through the day in one piece and I go to bed at night knowing that Jesus is right there with me building me up to serve him......

Upvote 0

Salsa_1960

Oct 29, 2003
Iowa
✟16,257.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I love to listen to Charlie & Jill LeBlanc. Very uplifting music.
Off the top of my head, here's the chorus to one of their oldies:
I want to sing. (I want to sing like the angels sing)
I want to dance. (I want to dance like King David danced)
I want to pray. (I want to pray like my Jesus prayed)
Teach me Lord. Teach me Lord. Teach me Lord. I pray.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psyber freek

Willfully Stupid
Feb 2, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
✟369.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

fishstix

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2004
✟19,629.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I find these songs very encouraging. Most are almost like the inverse of praise music - songs more from God's point of view sung towards us:

Rest Easy - by Audio Adrenaline
Never Gonna Say Goodbye - by Guardian
I Know Your Name - by Michael W. Smith
Always There For You - by Michael Sweet
Forever Yours - by Michael Sweet
The River - by Michael Sweet
Real - by Michael Sweet

Upvote 0

wooderson

Jan 10, 2004
Kansas City, Mo.
✟15,144.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

L.M.

Apr 20, 2019
ELMONT
✟15,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was wondering if anyone had any Christian songs they liked to listen to that someone with depression could relate to, and that gave them comfort.

meh...that sentence is kind of disjointed; sorry about that, it's been one of those days and I don't feel like figuring out the correct way to word my question. Hopefully, y'all know what I meant to say lol.

Well, here is a good song that can change your life:
The Scripture Version of "Trust Me" by Cindy Bullens:
Based on bible scriptures:
John 8:25

25 “Who are you?” they asked.
“Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied.

Ephesians 5:6

6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient.

Hosea 7:3

3 “They delight the king with their wickedness, the princes with their lies.

Galatians 6:13

13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh.

2 Kings 3:14

14 Elisha said, “As surely as the Lord Almighty lives, whom I serve, if I did not have respect for the presence of Jehoshaphat king of Judah, I would not pay any attention to you.

Numbers 11:12

12 Did I conceive all these people? Did I give them birth? Why do you tell me to carry them in my arms, as a nurse carries an infant, to the land you promised on oath to their ancestors?

Deuteronomy 1:33

33 who went ahead of you on your journey, in fire by night and in a cloud by day, to search out places for you to camp and to show you the way you should go.

Upvote 0