Orahh

Apr 25, 2009
NSW, Australia
✟15,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the last six months I slowly slipped away from God. I got to the point in the last month where I just stopped trying altogether.
That's the short version, though..
But anyways, after recieveing continual conviction and realising my life is pointless without God and i'm just plain miserable without God.
I don't want to jump too fast with this because I have a few times over the past six months tryed to get bck with God, but I get extreamly dissaponited a few weeks later when I realise I gave up or didn't put my heart into it. This time I don't want to go back to my old life.
My biggest problems is not having a large enough love for God and reading the bible and not being transformed by it or fully realising the power in a verse.
I haven't read the bible in two, possibly more months and I don't know where to start, I'm asking if someone can point me to verses that address these issues and can set be back on track for life.

Thank you so much for all your responses, it's great knowing there's an awesome bunch of people on here :D

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Orahh. In Matthew, chapter 22, verses 35-40, Jesus tells a Lawyer who had asked: " Master, which is the great Commandment in the Law?" Jesus said unto him: " thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great Commandment. And the second is like unto it. Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. " Start by treating loved ones and all you know or meet, as you would like to be treated. We know that Jesus paid the price, which we could not pay. Jesus died that we might live, Jesus is our Saviour, Jesus reconciled us to God. Jesus told us again and again: " Repent," exchange our old and selfish character for a new and loving new one. Love God as He deserves to be loved, He is our Heavenly Father who wants us back again. Also love each other selflessly, with no strings attached. This is not easy to start with, but once we try sincerely, we will find that our lives become more enjoyable, Jesus will gave us His Love, His Joy and His Peace to share with each other. God is Love, Orahh, and love is our strongest and worthwhile weapon, love conquers all. Love also forgives as God has forgiven us, and love will take us home to where we came from. Jesus is the Way, and he will lead us and NEVER forsake us. I say this humbly and with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

FD33_

Nov 2, 2009
✟7,637.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galations 6:9

Dear friend,

If you persevere in your obedience to God, you will slowly grow spiritually and eventually come to desire Him more.

I hope you would come to see reading the Bible as a chance to get to know God more and in a deeper way, rather than a chore you have to do everyday where you just want to get it over with to check it off your calendar. I will pray for you!

God bless,
FD33_

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyone is a little different, but I'll share the passage of scripture that kick-started my life's journey back on track: the Parable of the Sower (Matthew 13:1-23).

I'd heard/read it many times before, but ironically, it met the same fate as the seed that fell on the rocky ground or among the thorns. I got the message abstractly, but it didn't connect with my life. But one day I really felt the urge to dwell on this parable.. to meditate about it, especially this part:

18"Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away. 22The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. 23But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown."

I realized just how much of my own distractions, anxieties, and plain old not listening was choking the word from my heart, and I was unfruitful (even though I never stopped being a Christian). From that day forward, I told myself that I needed to take the Bible more seriously... to make a commitment to better understand what it has to say to me. That was a few years ago, and it has changed my life for the better in many ways.

Upvote 0

emperormar

Hep Cat Daddio!
Aug 3, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Visit site
✟8,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do not worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell your requests to God, and thank him for all he has done. (Philippians 4:6)

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled. (Matthew 5:6)
If you thirst after God He will fill you, we don't commit to God in our own strength we submit to God and allow His grace to work in us.

Upvote 0

marklbernard

Mar 9, 2010
✟509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 8:18 (ESV)
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

[1]
[1] The Holy Bible : English standard version. 2001. Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

We have a glorious ressurection that awaits us, its worth pushing through the dark nights of the soul.

May God strengthen you in the journey

Shalom

Upvote 0