Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone know of a good daily devotional/study that they've found and enjoyed? I would like to compliment my regular bible reading with something a little more structured and guided. Thanks!
Hope you find something that helps. I don't use any. I get too fixated on the nuance "errors" I think I find in devotionals.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

heirmiles

Rookie
Apr 14, 2012
East coast of Vancouver Island on the West Coast o
✟12,498.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many years ago I read With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray. It's one of the best in depth devotionals I have seen. It has a month of daily devotionals that are four or five pages long rather than simply two or three paragraphs. This allows the reader to appreciate the truths being taught in a fuller way. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes of reflective reading, and is well worth the extra time.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Many years ago I read With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray. It's one of the best in depth devotionals I have seen. It has a month of daily devotionals that are four or five pages long rather than simply two or three paragraphs. This allows the reader to appreciate the truths being taught in a fuller way. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes of reflective reading, and is well worth the extra time.
Reading your signature I just wanted to comment that whenever I get the feeling that I want to exercise I lay down until the feeling goes away. Though I do a lot of climbing. I climb off of the couch on to the chair and I climb off of the chair into the bed. Of course I also climb off of the couch to the table when it is time to eat. Unless my wife brings my food to me while I am on the couch.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟746,155.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does anyone know of a good daily devotional/study that they've found and enjoyed? I would like to compliment my regular bible reading with something a little more structured and guided. Thanks!

Great question. I have used the Daily Bread from the month it started in 1957 I think. I have been blessed so many times. I have found the Lord has used this devotion booklet to meet my needs so many times. It costs Nothing. There are three months in each booklet, and they will mail as many as you want if you want to share them. NEVER has the daily bread asked for a dime, but I have sent them money. Try it and see, there is always a Scripture reading, which I do first. What a blessing it has been for me.

Upvote 0