Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
we are going to 2 churches; one is wof the other is along the lines of wof but not there. That church is a little bigger like 5-10 people and the guy works at the same place as my husband . The wof consists of like 6 people including me, but this is the kind of teaching we need. Is it a good idea to stay with 2 churches? The one at the workplace is more for the folks that work there, and Sun afternoon for church is kind of difficult. That church is 2 hrs and the wof is 2 hrs, and Sun that is 4 hrs of church. Your thoughts?

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Have you tried non-WoF churches? I'm sure you can find Bible-based and effective preaching in another, better established, congregation.

But to address the point you're concerned with, I'd say attending two churches more or less at the same time will not work out. It is something to do only in the short run and only until a person makes a decision for one of them or to start looking elsewhere. The reasons are many, but you can't really function as you should when trying to do this sort of thing.

For what it's worth, I know people who have attended two churches alternately (usually because of family ties), and it worked fairly well. But not at the same time like I think you are describing.

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
we don't really have very many "friends" so going to the 2 churches is a way of connecting. There is no way I'd miss the wof church now that we found one recently and we've attending PLENTY of other churches, believe me! Maybe we can rotate the other one.....

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My thoughts on wof churches...I think some of them have been very damaging to peoples walk cos of a few doctrines that seem based on the bible but arent. I attended a prayer group that had some wof adherants in it and they prayed kind of funny. I only went to this wof church a couple of times but didnt like it, it was like they tried to do a hard sell on Jesus.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I see no inherent problem with attending two churches. You wouldn't feel bad about attending a Bible study / fellowship group at work or school, would you? Your main allegiance is to Christ and His body at large. How you walk that out with regard to local congregations is up to you and Holy Spirit. If practical conflicts develop - time constraints, getting drawn too thin, doctrinal confusion, etc - that's a different matter. Some preachers used to "circuit ride" to several church locations in an area because of the shortage of clergy. Go to where you are blessed or called and let God sort it out.

Reactions: janny108
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
we don't really have very many "friends" so going to the 2 churches is a way of connecting. There is no way I'd miss the wof church now that we found one recently and we've attending PLENTY of other churches, believe me! Maybe we can rotate the other one.....

With that information, I'd recommend picking one of them to join, to work for and build up, to be active in...and visit the other one from time to time.

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Best stick with one. Or go on different days.
I dont know conceivably you can go to church 24/7 in some places. But that might exhaust you. Or have church at home...then you dont need to go anywhere.
oh I can't

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Best stick with one. Or go on different days.
I dont know conceivably you can go to church 24/7 in some places. But that might exhaust you. Or have church at home...then you dont need to go anywhere.
we used to do church at home under the umbrella of a larger church. Chuck thought about it but then changed his mind. We haven't done that for years now

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
My thoughts on wof churches...I think some of them have been very damaging to peoples walk cos of a few doctrines that seem based on the bible but arent. I attended a prayer group that had some wof adherants in it and they prayed kind of funny. I only went to this wof church a couple of times but didnt like it, it was like they tried to do a hard sell on Jesus.
how would you know that doctrines in wof are not based on the bible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
we used to do church at home under the umbrella of a larger church. Chuck thought about it but then changed his mind. We haven't done that for years now
I agree that that's not the best solution--and not at all to be contemplated in your case. But where do we stand now?

When you said "I can't" were you saying you couldn't downgrade your attendance at either of the churches you're attending now?

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
we are going to 2 churches; one is wof the other is along the lines of wof but not there. That church is a little bigger like 5-10 people and the guy works at the same place as my husband . The wof consists of like 6 people including me, but this is the kind of teaching we need.
* What type of WOF teachings are you getting?
I know there's different types, so that's why I'm asking.

Is it a good idea to stay with 2 churches? The one at the workplace is more for the folks that work there, and Sun afternoon for church is kind of difficult. That church is 2 hrs and the wof is 2 hrs, and Sun that is 4 hrs of church. Your thoughts?

*Does staying with two churches work for you all?

Where we go, there's one service and it's on Sunday...
there are small groups during the week...I don't attend any
small group yet because I'm waiting for one that's not solely female...I like being in a study group that consists of men and women.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
how would you know that doctrines in wof are not based on the bible?
By studying the bible and asking God to show me. I wont say specific here cos i dont want to debate. Not all of them but some of them, depending on what they emphasise on wof churches. Usually characterised by wealth and health, name it and claim it, prosperity gospel. HUGE emphaisis on tithing, money etc.
I am much better without being around lots of wofers. Saying doesnt necesarily make it so, claiming promises seems more like nagging God than praying. faith without works is dead..

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
*Does staying with two churches work for you all?

Where we go, there's one service and it's on Sunday...
there are small groups during the week...I don't attend any
small group yet because I'm waiting for one that's not solely female...I like being in a study group that consists of men and women.
there is a praise and worship and prayer group that meets on Wed, and b/c Chuck has been in the hospital we went for the first time on Wed. The other group has a Thu morning one

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
By studying the bible and asking God to show me. I wont say specific here cos i dont want to debate. Not all of them but some of them, depending on what they emphasise on wof churches. Usually characterised by wealth and health, name it and claim it, prosperity gospel. HUGE emphaisis on tithing, money etc.
I am much better without being around lots of wofers. Saying doesnt necesarily make it so, claiming promises seems more like nagging God than praying. faith without works is dead..
I don't want debate either, it's based on the word or it isn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums