Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What do you think about women who do not dye their hair and just let the grays shine through?

Does it depend on the woman? How much gray? Is she a working woman or a stay at home mom/grandma?

I ask because I've been letting my hair grow out. I'm really not sure if I like it or not. One day yes, the next no! Plus, I'm finding that I HATE my original hair color which is why I started coloring it in my teens in the first place.

FreeSpirit74

Contra Dancing Pagan Warrior
Mar 15, 2006
Troy, NY temporarily displaced to Schenectady, NY
Visit site
✟11,834.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sneaking into this part of the forum even though my 40th isn't for another 3 months. Shhhhh!!!!!

I actually don't know what color my hair is anymore (I am a natural blonde), because I started coloring it red about 6 years ago. I switched over to henna 4 years ago, because henna is the only permanent color that will not damage hair. I was getting some grays on top of my head and, when my roots start coming in they don't look gold like they used to. I prefer to be red, anyway, as I think blonde is overrated. No matter what shade it is, colored blonde always looks fake to me.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,210,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have a strand of silver here and there, but it's not a dominant feature
(yet). Personally, I like it; I earned those grays! :) Of course, with my hair
thinning prematurely, it'll probably all be covered by a wig within the next
five years anyway, so maybe the whole thing's moot in my case, lol!

-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QueenMommy

Nov 26, 2011
United States
✟8,108.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I found my FIRST gray hair this past year!!! And have found maybe 3 or 4 more since the first discovery. I'm 46. Pretty sure graduate school might have had something to do with it...

When I "lament" about it, I get no sympathy whatsoever from my slightly younger husband (44), who began turning gray 20 years ago. He has always looked older than me!

Upvote 0

fiddlejen

Jan 19, 2006
New England
✟191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it depends on the grey. I always planned to start coloring when I first start going gray, based on the unattractive shades of my mom's & both my grandmas' grays. But I know a number of other women whose natural greys & whites look beautiful. At this point my hair has lost a lot of its red, & gone to mouse-brown - not grey - with random white hairs coming in; it's looking okay (I thinkso anyway!), so for now I'm just letting it do its own thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ekim

Oct 27, 2015
✟7,636.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I keep hearing all these horror stories about the hair dyes. burning people's scalps. Woman in church asked people to pay for her cuz she had a reaction to the hair dye. How is it legal for them to poison people's heads like that? seems to be yet another very strange choice of chemicals to use in products. I'm pretty sure there's lots of safe dyes for hair, is it because these chemicals are just cheaper?

Upvote 0