God's sense of humor...? what's it like?

thankfulttt

Oct 26, 2014
✟19,002.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't disbelieve it, for more info, see this post that I posted in the evolution/creation debate forum:

And from there, (not sure of the time period of Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden) I believe the rest of all of the Bible to be true... The expulsion of Adam and Eve from the Garden, Noah and the flood, Abraham, to Moses and the Ten Plagues of Egypt, ect, ect, so-on and so-forth...

That's my theistic evolution story, what is yours, floors open...?

Can theistic evolutionists com to a consensus?

God Bless!

Who was Adam's mother?

Terry

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Who was Adam's mother?

Terry

The earth, the dirt of the ground, from whence he came, was his ultimate mother, the earth gave birth to Adam just like God said, whether he had a human mother or not, he (Adam) also could have been purposely created by God in an instant, while other more primitive forms were populating the earth outside the garden of Eden, Adam could have evolved, or he could have been directly created by God, both possibilities still remain open...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

thankfulttt

Oct 26, 2014
✟19,002.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The earth, the dirt of the ground, from whence he came, was his ultimate mother, the earth gave birth to Adam just like God said, whether he had a human mother or not, he (Adam) also could have been purposely created by God in an instant, while other more primitive forms were populating the earth outside the garden of Eden, Adam could have evolved, or he could have been directly created by God, both possibilities still remain open...

God Bless!

Don't mean to be offensive, but how do we get to pick and choose from the Bible what we believe?

There is a bible, the Revised Standard Version, in which the editor makes this statement. "Probably as early as the time of David and Solomon, out of a matrix of myth, legend, and history, there had appeared the earliest written form of the story of the saving acts of God from Creation to the conquest of the Promised Land, and account which later in modified form became a part of Scripture." (The New Oxford Annotated Bible. RSV Introduction to the Old Testament, Bruce Metzger, head of Princeton University Theology Dept. Page xxv)

With this type of teaching it is easy to understand how unbelief can creep in.

I do not mean to be offensive to you. If it is I will happily let it drop.

Sincerely in Christ, Terry

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Don't mean to be offensive, but how do we get to pick and choose from the Bible what we believe?

There is a bible, the Revised Standard Version, in which the editor makes this statement. "Probably as early as the time of David and Solomon, out of a matrix of myth, legend, and history, there had appeared the earliest written form of the story of the saving acts of God from Creation to the conquest of the Promised Land, and account which later in modified form became a part of Scripture." (The New Oxford Annotated Bible. RSV Introduction to the Old Testament, Bruce Metzger, head of Princeton University Theology Dept. Page xxv)

With this type of teaching it is easy to understand how unbelief can creep in.

I do not mean to be offensive to you. If it is I will happily let it drop.

Sincerely in Christ, Terry

I meant both possibilities are open in that they are still being discussed, while a possibility remains "open" one has the freedom to choose which they believe, When God said he formed Adam from the dust of the ground, who knows how long ago he was referring to,

But yes, we are getting off topic, if we could get back to the discussion at hand, (God's sense of humor) it would be greatly appreciated... Creation/Evolution discussions belong in the Creation/Evolution forum...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Tatilina

Set apart
May 23, 2012
Alberta
✟23,688.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's sense of humor is best seen in the book of Jonah and while Abraham was bargaining with God people's lives in Sodom and Gomorrah. But I would have to say we get a good taste of it in the book of Jonah. I think it was funny how God dealt with Jonah throughout the little book and his questions to him about the plant. Just overall how he is when we don't want to do as he wants us to and how we throw fits when things don't go our way.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Was it God's sense of humor when he created monkeys, and then gave man the choice to decide whether he wanted to say he was made in God's image, or to say he was made in the image of a monkey?

Yes. I think so. He doesn't make monkeys of atheists, but allows them to do it to themselves.

Upvote 0

Anna the Seeker

Oct 27, 2014
✟8,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. I think so. He doesn't make monkeys of atheists, but allows them to do it to themselves.
:D

Either way, I don't automatically buy into darwinism. Mainly because if I believe in God, I also figured that I would then also believe that God knows better than human on how the creation really happened.

Darwinism also involves a lot of human speculation, and it was also started by a human (Charles Darwin) made theory.

So, instead of relying too much on human speculation based on bones, I'm content enough with knowing that God did it. In a way or another. Besides, Jesus showed us what God is able to do.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
By the way, check out 1 Moses 18:11-15 :D I'll eat my socks if that wasn't humor. I could almost imagine Him laughing too.

1 Moses isn't a book in the bible...?

Where do you get 1 Moses from?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anna the Seeker

Oct 27, 2014
✟8,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Moses isn't a book in the bible...?

Where do you get 1 Moses from?

God Bless!
Let me see how to express it in English... (my Bible is not an English translation).

Genesis 18:9-15... that's interesting. In Finnish Translation it's called "Book of Moses" and Genesis is mainly the first part of it. The numbers do match however.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Let me see how to express it in English... (my Bible is not an English translation).

Genesis 18:9-15... that's interesting. In Finnish Translation it's called "Book of Moses" and Genesis is mainly the first part of it. The numbers do match however.

Sarah laughed, but Abraham did not, nor do I think that God thought it was funny, or at least he wondered why she thought it was funny...

But their son Issac was called laughter, and I'll bet Abraham and Sarah did laugh over him when raising him and got much Joy out of their son, but what makes God laugh, anything?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
according to God's Wod , God laughs at the plans of the wicked (like evolution).

no, we don't get a choice to believe what we want, so to speak. God is very upset with those who have caused many to stumble with the lie used by the communists to dehumanize every country they took over . (the lie , the blatant, blasphemous lie of evolution).

yet God laughs at their plans (according to Scripture) - the communists and the evolutionists, yes. they cannot change His Purpose, Plan or Word, and they are all doomed in failure - the plans of the wicked are all doomed in failure, yet
they revel in it,
they laugh at how many they have deceived, and they think they will 'succeed' somehow,
so God laughs at those plans.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

COOL! that's good - i like calling it the "Book of Moses" more ... it seems very good and well-suited, very fitting and simply delightful.

it is Finnish. :clap:

Upvote 0

xTx

Aug 10, 2010
✟11,241.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
God's sense of humour -

dolphins, cute cats, baby elephants, hamsters, rabbits, music, beautiful scenaries with whales frolicking in the sea, the beach, sea shells, human beings who created Mary Poppins, Sponge Bob Squarepants etc etc etc

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums