God's purpose for you?

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you find God's purpose for you? I love writing, have been doing it over a decade. I've been told I have talent too. It's my dream to have a novel published. Should I ask God about this? How do I know if this is what He wants me to do?

I'd have a job as it's almost impossible to make a living off writing.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
To make a living off writing...maybe consider a journalism school?
Or join a christian writers group and be encouraged.

It is something you can ask God about. If the writing glorifies Him then yes...we overcome by the blood of the lamb and the WORD of our testimony.

Keep writing. I dont think God would stop you from doing something you love and that glorifies Him. John writes in his gospel that there were so many things Jesus did that the books could not contain it all. Plus, in our lifetime God has many different tasks for us to carry out, not just ONE thing, Ive found. So, I would dispense with the idea that we are only good at one thing and its the be all and end all.

Reactions: Take Heart
Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How do you find God's purpose for you? I love writing, have been doing it over a decade. I've been told I have talent too. It's my dream to have a novel published. Should I ask God about this? How do I know if this is what He wants me to do?

I'd have a job as it's almost impossible to make a living off writing.

you find God's purpose for yourself one step at a time - if you saw the whole plan, it would overwhelm you :).

you should ask God about everything - each step

Psa 37:23 KJV
(23) The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

Jer 10:23 KJV
(23) O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Rom 8:14 KJV
(14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Reactions: Take Heart
Upvote 0
Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If you have a desire, to do something for God, and the only one motivation to do that, is the thing you want to do, for the sake of it, and there is no other motivation, then, that desire can be given from God, and that could be the will of God, for your life.

For example, if somebody wants to preach and teach the Word of God in a church, and the only reason for doing that is because they have a desire to do that, and to see people grow in the knowledge of the Word of God, and there is no other motivation, that could be a call for that person, to become a preacher or a teacher of the Word of God.

Upvote 0