Indy, Indiana
Visit site
✟18,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
HE PROMISES THE RAINBOW AS HIS SIGN.​
I am putting my rainbow in the clouds as the sign of the agreement between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and a rainbow appears in them, I will remember my agreement between me and you and every living thing. Floods will never again destory all life on the earth (Gen. 9:13-15).

God had just done something pretty amazing and probably pretty scary. He was so angry that he wiped out the whole world with a hugh flood. Every person and every animal on earth drowned. Only the people and the animals on Noah's ark were saved. You can imagine what they might have been thinking. Will he ever do this again? Maybe next time we won't live through it. God calmed them down by promising that he would never destroy the world by flood again. To help them understand, he gave them something they could see. He put the rainbow in the sky as the sign of that promis.

Did God need the rainbow so he could remember what he'd said? No, the rainbow was for Noah and his family. It was for all his descendants who would live after him (Gen 9:9). Today, it's for you. It lets you know that God does remember what he said. After all these years, God still remembers a promise he made to a group of people on an ark. He knew that as long as the sunlight hits the raindrops, people could see the rainbow and know that he remembers his promise.

See for yourself:
Gen. 9:16-17​

Dena200

Daddy's girl
Jan 12, 2006
Indy, Indiana
Visit site
✟18,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I will make you a great nation, and I will bless you. I will make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others. I will bless those who bless you, and I will place a curse on those who harm you. And all the people on earth will be blessed through you (Gen 12:2-3).

God had a plan for a man named Abram. God knew Abram would believe him, and that Abram would live out his faith by his actions. Because God knew that, he promised Abram that the world would be blessed because of him. God blessed the world through Abram in two ways. First, Abraham (the name God gave Abram later) became the prime example for everyone who would ever put their faith in God. His descendants were honored and proud to be called the "children of Abraham." Paul said that anyone who has the same kind of faith that Abraham did is a child of Abraham. But the greatest blessing that God gave trough Abraham- the thing God was specifically talking about here- is Jesus. Jesus was born on earth as a part of God's chosen nation- the children of Abraham. God redeemed all of the sin in your life through Jesus, a descendant of the man whose greatest claim to fame was the simple fact that he "believed the Lord" (Gen. 15:6a).

See for yourself:
Gen. 15:4-5; 17:4-8; Luke 1:54-55; Gal. 3:14, 29

*Taken from Extreme Teen Bible

Upvote 0

Dena200

Daddy's girl
Jan 12, 2006
Indy, Indiana
Visit site
✟18,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am the Lord, the God of Abraham your grandfather, and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are now sleeping. Your descendants will be as many as the dust of the earth. They will spread weasat and east, north and south, and all the families of the earth will be blessed through you and your descendants. I am with you and will protect you everywhere you go and will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you (Gen. 28:13b-15)

Jacob got off to a bad start in his spiritual life. First, he talked his older brother, Esau out of the inheritance he was supposed to get the special blessings that Issac wanted to give Esau. It didn't look like Jacob had much of a chance to do anything great for God. In fact, we might think his belief in God was kind of flimsy. But God had chosen Jacob. In spite of the sneaky things he'd done, the Lord appeared to Jacob in a dream and said, "I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."

There may be times when God's promises seem really out there- way beyond the realm of possibility- especially when you know you haven't kept up your end of the deal. Even when your faith is a lot stronger than Jacob's was, there may be days when you want to say, "No way. God isn't going to do that- for me." Don't give in. Instead, listen with all your heart, with every ounce of your faith to hear God say, "I will not leave you until lI have done what I have promised you."

See for yourself:
2 Sam. 23:5; 1 Kin. 8:56; 2 Kin 20:9

Taken from the New Century Bible

Upvote 0

Dena200

Daddy's girl
Jan 12, 2006
Indy, Indiana
Visit site
✟18,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And I have come down to save them from the Egyptions. I will bring them out of that land and lead them to a good land with lost of room- a fertile land (Ex. 3:8).
The people of Isreal had been saved from Egypt and had wandered in the desert for 40 years before entering the Land God had promised them.

But you know what? Year number 41 came, and they didn't wander anymore. They left the desert and entered into the fertile land! Maybe it seems that you are in a desert period in your life. Maybe you feel like you've been stumbling around for 40 years. Don't worry, number 41 is on its way!

Look at these examples: Noah and his family were on the boat while it rained for 40 days and 40 nights- 41 came, and the rain stopped. For 40 days Goliath showed up every morning and taunted Isreal- 41 came, and David killed him!

GOd has promised to bring you out of your Egypt as well- if you will hold on to your faith in him. Whatever situation you are going through right now, don't give up. God is on your side! So if it seems like trouble has been raining down on you, don't worry because 41 is on the way. The rain is going to stop. Whatever giant is in your life, 41 is coming and the giant's coming down! You are more than a victor through Christ Jesus (see Rom. 8:37). He will save you from your Egypt.

See for Yourself:
Gen. 7; 8, 1 Sam. 17, Ps 34:17, 19

* From the Extreme Teen New Century Bible

Upvote 0

Dena200

Daddy's girl
Jan 12, 2006
Indy, Indiana
Visit site
✟18,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I will make you my own people, and I will be your God. You will know that I am the Lord your God, the One who saves you from the hard work the Egyptians force you to do (ex. 6:7).

In many ways, Isreal's history is a symbol of the journey that all of Jesus' followers are making. That's one reason the old Testament is till so important to Christians. You can look in the Old Testament to find wisdom for whatever you're going through and to find out what's coming next.

When God said, "I will make you my own people," he wasn't just talking to the Isrealites. He was also looking through time and speaking to Christians today. He knew you would be on earth at this moment, and he wanted to be sure you knew that he accepted you as his own. The people of Israel was God's own because of the faith and obedience of their father, Abraham. Today, you are a chosen person because of the love and obedience of Jesus.

Belonging to God makes you worth something. Your brains, your talent, your awesome sports ability- none of it impresses God. Even without all the cool things about you, you'd be worth something because God accepts you as His own.

See For Yourself:
Deut. 7:16; 14:2; 1 Pet. 2:9

Taken from the New Century Bible. Extreme Teen Bible

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums