Auburn, AL
✟9,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So, I am a student ar Auburn University. I have been in the Aero. Engineering program, but last semester God revealed that I wasn't where I was supposed to be.

I have been praying and stuff and I am haveing a hard time hearing God and being able to decide what kind of major I need to persue for His will. I know there is ministry of some sort up ahead, but not full time, and quite possibly not yet.

Anyone have similar issues, or suggestions to help?

eugeneandbobo

Veteran
Apr 12, 2007
Auburn, AL
✟9,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have had prophecies telling me I have a good mind and stuff, that God gave me that to use to His glory (why else would He give them to us?). I have had some propheceis, but I haven't had confirmation on any of them yet.

Maybe I'm afraid to put my faith completely in Him. I say that I would, but when it comes down to it...maybe thats what I should do.

Upvote 0

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey! I'm in the exact same boat. I have no idea what God wants me to do with my life either. It can be very frustrating I know. I'm also having a hard time hearing God so I know how that is too.

Prehaps I need to just take a leap of faith to? :confused: I don't really know what to tell you to do but just know you're not alone.

P.S. I have a friend that goes to Auburn.:)

Upvote 0

Hediru

Newlywed Wife, New Pastor, Loving the ride!
Sep 23, 2005
Ohio
✟17,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I feel that I should tell you my story, which sounds vaguely similar. When I started college, I was a music education major. I wanted to be a music teacher, mainly because I didn't know anything else. My freshman year was hard. I was struggling to stay alive in my entry level classes and spent a lot of time in prayer that God would show me what to do. 2nd semester, I took a Bible class to fulfill my Religion requirement, and loved it! Things finally clicked. As a sophomore, I officially changed my major to Christian Education. I still graduated on time and am now in full time ministry in a local church. I know that I'm where God wants me to be, for now. I also feel that he is calling me to become a pastor eventually and I'm enrolling in seminary this fall, but that's another post entirely.

If you earnestly pray for God to show you the way, he will put down roadblocks to stop you from going down another path entirely. If you try to go forward and keep hitting a wall, maybe you should try a different path. That's not to say that the right path will be easy, but God won't let you down as long as you try to do his will.

Upvote 0

eugeneandbobo

Veteran
Apr 12, 2007
Auburn, AL
✟9,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i just tried to sign up for an intro class in the fall for one direction i was looking at heading...there was only 1 class offerred and it was closed...

i wanted to share after what heather just said about roadblocks. just proves how cool of God we serve.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,428.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
So, I am a student ar Auburn University. I have been in the Aero. Engineering program, but last semester God revealed that I wasn't where I was supposed to be.

I have been praying and stuff and I am haveing a hard time hearing God and being able to decide what kind of major I need to persue for His will. I know there is ministry of some sort up ahead, but not full time, and quite possibly not yet.

Anyone have similar issues, or suggestions to help?
He is not a God of confusion. If this were truly not what God wanted you to be doing, He would clearly idenbtify the direction your life should be taking.

Upvote 0

justMark

May 4, 2007
Richmond Hill, Ga, USA
✟7,698.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a different take on this.

I believe that if you obey God's revealed will found in the Bible, you've prayed and asked God for wisdom, and you have consulted with Godly people, if you have done all these things, then make a decision using all of these assets and go with it. Relying on circumstances or feelings to try and interpret God's will for your life isn't reliable. It is too open to your own sinful flesh and desires; better to go with what you know to be true while still relying on Godly wisdom and counsel.

Upvote 0