Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why would you want to use wordplays to make Jesus a liar?
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
That mean that "impossible things" aren't even things they are just wordplays

I think this has now entered into arguing for argument's sake.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Then you have a problem with taking Jesus' words in that verse 100% literally while also admitting that not absolutely all things are possible for God.

I hope you can work it for your own sake, but without falling back on an equivocation like "Well, not THOSE things. They don't count...."

Upvote 0

laurent

Apr 2, 2012
✟7,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im french so maybe i just dont get it well, the french traduction is
"Aux hommes cela est impossible, mais à Dieu tout est possible."
it is better translated by "with God all is possible" not "with God all things are possible"
for me impossible things arent included in "All" just like when we say that God can't know about things that don't exist but yet he still know "everything", things that dont exist arent included in "everything"

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Im french so maybe i just dont get it well, the french traduction is
"Aux hommes cela est impossible, mais à Dieu tout est possible."
it is better translated by "with God all is possible" not "with God all things are possible"
for me impossible things arent included in "All" just like when we say that God can't know about things that don't exist but yet he still know "everything", things that dont exist arent included in "everything"

It's an expression, Laurent, not a mathematical proposition. We may also say something like "the heavens declare his glory" without meaning that the sky is talking to us. Or we may say, "All life is precious" without meaning that we shouldn't kill germs that threaten our lives. So also when we read that all things are possible with God.

Upvote 0

Tnmusicman

Sinner Saved By Grace
Mar 24, 2012
Nashville, TN ( Music City )
Visit site
✟9,018.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One more rag of a paper putting God Almighty in a position that makes it look as if He is •evil •cruel •unwilling to help • unable to help
all of which are nonsense. I don't care if it's satire! There are plenty other subjects that one could satarize without retorting to mockery of the risen Lord. God is almighty and answers prayers but not all prayers. Arrogant is the one who claims to know the workings of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Read this article.. It's years old, but still makes me very sad that God refused to answer this poor child's prayer despite how hard the boy fought and hoped God would come through. This makes me very sad that God turned away from him and refused to heal him. I don't know how I feel about this.

God Answers Prayers Of Paralyzed Little Boy | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Is this article some sort of hoax or a joke?..

As you grow to become a seasoned and mature Christian, you will feel less intimidated when you hear of such sad tragedies like this. While i have a great deal of compassion for this little boy (IF the story itself is true)...as well as other real life scenarios of very young people dying what we would call 'prematurely' .... we need to remember that Gods purposes in things always work out for THE GOOD of those who trust in him and love him and that little Ones are precious to him. While we will never totally understand Gods will, we can be SURE that his will IS best in all situations whether we approve of them or not. This little boy and all others who are taken, immediately go to be in an inconcievable blissful situation in Heaven in the complete care of God himself. This is what we need to bear in mind when such a thing occurs even though this boy will be greatly missed down here on earth. One day there will be no more suffering and tears to shed and physical dying will also be no more, for, it will be a thing of the past. Lets trust God no matter what because we already know that he has demonstrated his love for us by sending his Son Jesus to die for us when he didnt have to.

Upvote 0