• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

God please take me

RuthD

blah blah blah
Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am so depressed I wish God would take me now. I have been trying for so long to find a man even went to bars. I am too fat for anyone and only the alcoholics pay attention to me. I feel like a drug addict on all of these psychiatric meds that take many of my good feelings away. I wish I was just normal and had a normal life. I can't work and am poor and feel like a failure in life. No real friends and I am so lonely i want to die.

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:hug: Right now isn't a good time to add the hassle of building a relationship with a man, imo! :hug:

I've been where you are... you won't be there forever.

You wouldn't tell someone who suffers with diabetes or such that they are a failure in life...or someone with MS who is limited that they are worthless would you? No, I know you and you wouldn't.

It's concerns me that you are feeling so low today. :hug: Try not to dwell on how miserable you are feeling (they are feelings and not to be trusted you know.) :hug: I could not take any such medications as I have paradoxical reactions... any that I tried I had to go into confinement just to keep me safe from the allergic reactions! :doh: It's tough to get your type of disorder stabilized...and it's easily destabilized with stress... so do what you can to get your life on an even keel... organized... easier to manage (finances, groceries etc...) and try to work with the medications.... God sees you and loves you and is there for you hon.

Distract your mind and thoughts away from these dark thoughts... yes, it is better to be in heaven with God...but we'll be there soon enough (I look for Jesus to return any hour!!!! --and greatly desire He rescue me from this life, too.)

We have to do the best we can and be the best we can for God. Praise and worship Him... even if all you can muster is one verse and a line of a song... give Him praise in the midst of the storm. We soon won't be alone ever again!

Reactions: Forge3
Upvote 0
I am so depressed I wish God would take me now. I have been trying for so long to find a man even went to bars. I am too fat for anyone and only the alcoholics pay attention to me. I feel like a drug addict on all of these psychiatric meds that take many of my good feelings away. I wish I was just normal and had a normal life. I can't work and am poor and feel like a failure in life. No real friends and I am so lonely i want to die.
Please don't think like that. I am sure there is someone that depends on you. I recently felt like you do, I had a gastric bypass and I am stuck bouncing between 190 and 200 pounds. I went into a major panic / anxiety attack and ended up where you are. Then I remembered that I have children that needed me, I would end up hurting my Mama and all of my friends which I might have 2 or 3. Then I also remembered the 10 commandments especially the one thou shalt not kill. So PLEASE don't just give up, pray and turn to the friends and family you have for comfort and support. I will add you to my prayer list.

Upvote 0

Criada

Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
(((((((((((((((((((Ruth))))))))))))))))))))))
Do you have any strategies for soothing yourself, any nice things you can do or look at or listen to?
It's a tough patch, but this will pass, sister, it really will :hug: And while you are in it, be kind to yourself, and hang on to Jesus.
Praying for you :hug:

Upvote 0

Greenleaves

Oct 28, 2012
✟7,836.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Dear Ruth, sometimes life feels like that. I feel that my life is hopeless too, very depressed and tired. I think I feel like you (without wanting God to take me now, if He hasn't planned so). Please try to relax in the knowledge that you are not alone ... We do this together, one step at a time and God is always with us and knows our pain!

You are in my prayers!:prayer:

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2008
✟8,438.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Ruth...I am so sorry you are going through all this. Perhaps you could take a little time to pamper yourself and watch a funny movie or something too. I know it won't take everything you are dealing with away. You have a big heart and people with big hearts hurt more. Do your best to be kind to yourself. God loves you and we care here. I am gonna keep praying for you. Hugs.

Upvote 0

Winter

Jesus, let it be ok
Jan 18, 2009
New England
✟25,253.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh Ruth ((hugs)) I'm so sorry you are feeling this way.

You're doing the best you can. You really are.

One day at a time. That's all you can do. Just one day at a time. Every day brings something new and every new day brings hope.

Hang in there. ((hugs))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My dear sweet loving sister Ruthie, I have to say that I have been praying so hard for you. This I can say AND I KNOW this with all my heart, you have touched the lives of MANY here and else where, if something were to happen to you me and many MANY others here would be DEVISTATED PLEASE SISTER RUTHIE please fight that dumb devil you are such a HUGE blessing to many. We all love you dearly. You are still so young and you are a beautiful person cause you love and light shines all around you. You have this glow of love around you. I pray all the time for your happy ending to find the right man and for peace! YOU DESERVE THAT SWEET SISTER you do! I love you tons Ruthie and know even though you may be feeling down and low or if you are too low to pray I AM PRAYING FOR YOu and I KNOW there are many others who are too!
GOD BLESS YOU TONS my dear sweet loving kind sister.
MANY BIG (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))
to you dear Ruthie:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
:groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray:
:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟775,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My dad tells me that no one would dare want me with my kind of body and that I'm an elephant and everything and he constantly harangues me about my weight and even though he cares I get so hurt and devastated inside that I want to eat the whole house in retaliation, he just doesn't get my weight struggles at all. I feel completely hopeless. I gained almost 70 pounds over the past 5 years and not an ounce of it will go away. I know how it feels being a certain weight :(

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you all for your prayers and empathy. Ladybug, I have gained 45 pounds in 5 mos. I think my antipsychotic drug is making me eat constantly. It must be so hard to be around someone who harrasses you about your wieght. My doctor harrassed me about my weight and I quit going to him. I too retaliate and eat more. Those people just don't understand. My dad once told me to lose 100 pounds and I wasn't even that much over weight. It hurt like hell. I don't want to be around those who tell me I'm fat and to lose weight. I already know it.

Upvote 0