God loves the Spiritually Hardened Criminal

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟21,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
This thought has been with me for a number of days and I have sought another way to say it but I cannot find one. The message is pure, it’s simple and it’s Biblical; and it is this: God loves you.

God loves you: the spiritually hardened criminal. You go from forum to forum, debate to debate, place to place seeking whom you may devour. You kill the weak in faith, the young and unlearned, the confused in mind. You label yourself an atheist seeker, a doubter, one who wants to believe but can’t, but in reality you are ravenous wolves – roaring lions seeking who you may devour. Yet God says he loves you.

He loves you so much that he died for the very sin – the murder you commit. He wants to wash it out of you by his blood and to make you a brand new person if you will believe in and trust in him. He is not seeking justice for your wrong: he paid for justice with his life. By his death he sets every wrong right for the repentant and believing.

If you do not believe me then let me point you to the Book of Acts chapter nine. Saul was a murderer like you. He wanted to stamp out faith in the Lord Jesus. He saw to it that Stephen was stoned, and for what? Stephen became a deacon so that he could show charity to the widows and poor, which good work do you stone him for Saul? Saul will tell you I do not stone him for a good work but for preaching Jesus. Today Christians are told worldwide bring your good works, we’ll have your charity, but don’t preach that gospel. We will not persecute you for a good work but we will kill you if you preach that gospel.

And yet God says I love you. Would you love him if he were to do that to you?

Return with me to Saul’s story. Jesus asks him, “Why do you persecute me?”

Remember he said, “Whatever you do to these, the least of my brethren, you do unto me.”

Would Saul persecute the truth? Jesus is the truth. No, he was a defender of truth but he hated this lie that was preached in Jesus’ name and deceiving the people. Was it?

Think how God could have destroyed Saul but he chose to save him. You can read Saul’s story in the New Testament of the Bible and perhaps you have.

God loved Saul the spiritually hardened criminal and he converted and saved him. God loves you too, why do you persecute him?

Will you receive his love today?

Willc233

Nov 4, 2015
✟7,631.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
A very great reminder of God's mercy, thank you.

How hard are your conversations with non-believers? I was one, myself, for over two decades. I'm here, I think, to represent some of them. They don't know the Bible, and often ignore its quotes. I've been successful by way of relation and relativity in bringing them closer to the word of God. I have a couple of friends who are non-believers which I've pushed toward Christ's message, but it's slow going. Patience is important, even though we can be called to the other side at any time.

This is a large part of faith, isn't it? The notion that we have the time to prepare those we love for the message of Jesus? These are the end days, and Satan's propaganda is peaking in the media and on the internet. We will, before the end, all be persecuted for our faith in Jesus. With your knowledge of the bible, I hope and pray you can reach out to those who are ready to hear our Lord's answers to their prayers.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Mikhaela

A Certain Disciple
Oct 15, 2015
Pilgrim
✟7,929.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for sharing this. I was witnessing to my brother a few minutes ago. He said thanks for that. I dunno if he ment it or not. Hard to tell via text. I have a feeling it was sarcasm. But I did as the Lord commanded. Which as to tell him about Jesus in gentleness. I leave it in the Lord's hands. The seed has been sown may the Lord have a pleasing crop so to speak. It is Him who gives life and revelation to the hardened spiritual criminal. Again thanks for sharing this with us. God bless.

Upvote 0

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟21,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
How hard are your conversations with non-believers?

Not really hard as such, though at times frustrating.

Oft times the frustration is with myself. You see, I have grown up in the church and so relating to the world is difficult since I speak churchese. I remember Michael, a young man with no church experience. He had no way of understanding me and I asked God to help. He did in a strange and mysterious way and Michael put his trust in Jesus and his death on the cross. I was glad for that. I can also recall Vince who asked me why I kept witnessing to him even though he had told me he wasn't interested. I told him because he was a friend and I didn't want him to suffer hell. Unfortunately as far as i know Vince remains unconvinced to this day. Sad but that's the way it is. I still pray for him as I do for Patrick whom I knew at the age of 12 some 42 years ago.

Quite honestly I consider everyone to be a friend and I don't want any to suffer. Thanks for your patience and your witness. Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0