• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Sep 11, 2014
✟15,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys I really need help. If your reading this please respond for I am getting a lot of suicidal thoughts and feelings.

About three weeks ago I fell short and sinned sexually. I had a massage lady rub my genitals but that's all I did. For when I was younger in the military I use to get a lot of happy ending massages but I ended up quitting that. But ended up there the passed couple of yrs. because of extreme anxiety symptoms from my schizophrenia. Most of my attention was to get a massage to try and start a new life ( Schizophrenia symptoms) but it never worked out. My last encounter after I have finished I felt or received a thought that God had left me. I know it's a delusion because I received/believed before God had left me in more extreme scenarios but overall this is the worst. Even though I don't believe this, I still receive the emotion and thoughts as if it's true. It's like my schizophrenia is causing me to believe in a lie. I tried everything, prayer, repentance, holy communion, confession, incense/ I even tried to go along with it as if God had left me so hopefully I can get over it and cope, but that didn't work out neither. I ended up taking my medication because this happened when I was off of of it for at least a month. This is my 6th day on it and it gotten a little bit better but I still cant stand the symptoms. I realized on or off the the medication I cant stop thinking / get repetitive thoughts and continual keep on thinking about the same thing which doesn't help. I keep telling myself and reading the word and hearing from other people that this isn't true, even God spoke to me, and I still cant shake this delusion. Has anyone gotten this delusion before? and if so,, how long did it last? and does anyone have any advice?

P.s when I ignore the thoughts, something else takes that place. For I realize when I wake up in the morning or when I am still, I can feel the symptoms of my schizophrenia.

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Well, there are two things you can do:

one, ask yourself whether God thinks He has left you

two, imagine speaking for God saying whether He is with you or not

At least if you decide to leave it up to God and put it into words what it means to Him, you will get your mind off yourself

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi mate,

The bible is real clear. Only sin taken to the grave will cut you off from God. If you repent you are forgiven, God is still there. The bible says:

1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death.

That verse in plain english says, if I a christian see you a brother comiting a sin, and you have not died, i.e. you are still alive, then I am to pray to God that he forgive you.

Mate you are forgiven, crushed nuts and all. Just move on.

If you have any further doubts read Is there an unpardonable sin, what is blasphemy of the holy spirit.

Upvote 0
D

detachment

I have schizophrenia when I watch inappropriate content I feel cut off from GOD but I have repented and I feel HIS love. I commited adultry a month ago and I repented and GOD forgives me before that I did not have sex for five and a half years so I gave in. She sad she was seperated from her husband and had a restraining order against him which was all a lie cause she ask me to have sex before and I sad I can't cause she married she made it look like it was over between her husband she trick me. I feel forgiven for the inappropriate content and the adultry. I just get so lonely being on disability and living with my parents how will I ever have a wife. It's depressing. I too wanted to kill myself but I'm glad I didn't it's selfish schizophrenia so hard to live with I'm stable now which is good I have been hospitalized 15 times it's been two years no hospitalization Thank GOD for that.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just get so lonely being on disability and living with my parents how will I ever have a wife. It's depressing.

Many years ago I was in a terrible mental state, I hated life, and was on disability. I could not work. I felt God hated me. I believed God did not want me married.

However I made a choice to get my life together, rather than listen to condemning voices. I claimed Gods power over my life. I stood on the fact that God forgives me, but also empowers me to live the right way. Did I fail after that time, yes, from time to time. But I tried to live with out sin. I made a choice to not sin in any way.

Some years latter God spoke to me and told me that a particular person could marry me. I ended up marrying that person. I now have a great job, a son, a family, and am doing really well financially. Don't think where you are now is where you have to be. God will empower you to live above your past.

I would say, don't use inappropriate content, trust God to provide for you. Practice living above not benieth.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

I try to sing some Contemporary Christian music. When I am singing along to the radio I don't have any other thoughts.

The station that I listen to is also online: KLOVE K-LOVE Contemporary Christian Music - K-LOVE At the top of the page, their is a button called "Listen Online".

You should try it. It works. If you find a few songs you really like look them up on Youtube, many times the words to the song are listed along with the video.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Uyo

Jun 23, 2010
✟7,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i find with medication the hill can be as high as the slope that lead into it...

In other words, it took me roughly 4-6 weeks of maintained medication to fade the hallucinations completely out of my mind and continued use of medication to stop them from turning the volume back up on the unreal experiences.

Ever tried listening to things like Jesus Culture and Hillsong United.
God loves you, thats a cast iron guarantee, for the moment hold strong and know that we care about you too.
Stick to your medication and work things out with your psychiatrist before you decide to make any other medication changes.

Do your best to distract yourself while the meds kick back in and try not to be alone with these troubling thoughts.

Keep posting!!

Much love and bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

ToBeBlessed

I don't have what you have but I do have depression and anxiety.

Have you ever tried writing out 'promise' verses and leaving them in places to read? If our thoughts are being bombarded with negative, then bombard with the promises of God.

I have some on my refrigerator, in my car by the radio, on the dining room table, all over. Just medium sized post it notes with bible verse sayings that are the promises of God.

He will never leave you or forsake you.

God is just and will forgive us our sins.

No one on heaven or earth can remove us from Jesus right hand.

Praise God in all that you do.

It really helps. Try it. Really. Just do it!!!! You need to feed your mind and soul against that negative self talk and the voices you hear.

Upvote 0

JayAson

Mar 29, 2015
United States of America
✟15,140.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Brother! I too have fallen short of the glory of God! Everyday i fall short of the glory of God! There is Good news!!! God is faithful even if we are faithless! Hold on! God is aware of the situation whatever it may be even if its not what you think it is HE KNOWS ALL! and cares for us! I have been struggling with schizophrenia for 11 years. some of it is behavioral some of it is spiritual God works all things together for the greater good of those who love him! Remeber John3:20:If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. or again in another translation: Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything.
After you read what i wrote next check out psalm 51! i'll even post it under james 1
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do. remember God is faithfull if we confess our sings He is faithfull and Just to forgive us our sins!

Psalm 51

For the director of music. A psalm of David. When the prophet Nathan came to him after David had committed adultery with Bathsheba.

1 Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in your verdict
and justified when you judge.
5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
6 Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;
you taught me wisdom in that secret place.

7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
so that sinners will turn back to you.
14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
you who are God my Savior,
and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
15 Open my lips, Lord,
and my mouth will declare your praise.
16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
17 My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart
you, God, will not despise.

18 May it please you to prosper Zion,
to build up the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then you will delight in the sacrifices of the righteous,
in burnt offerings offered whole;
then bulls will be offered on your altar.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey guys I really need help. If your reading this please respond for I am getting a lot of suicidal thoughts and feelings.

About three weeks ago I fell short and sinned sexually. I had a massage lady rub my genitals but that's all I did. For when I was younger in the military I use to get a lot of happy ending massages but I ended up quitting that. But ended up there the passed couple of yrs. because of extreme anxiety symptoms from my schizophrenia. Most of my attention was to get a massage to try and start a new life ( Schizophrenia symptoms) but it never worked out. My last encounter after I have finished I felt or received a thought that God had left me. I know it's a delusion because I received/believed before God had left me in more extreme scenarios but overall this is the worst. Even though I don't believe this, I still receive the emotion and thoughts as if it's true. It's like my schizophrenia is causing me to believe in a lie. I tried everything, prayer, repentance, holy communion, confession, incense/ I even tried to go along with it as if God had left me so hopefully I can get over it and cope, but that didn't work out neither. I ended up taking my medication because this happened when I was off of of it for at least a month. This is my 6th day on it and it gotten a little bit better but I still cant stand the symptoms. I realized on or off the the medication I cant stop thinking / get repetitive thoughts and continual keep on thinking about the same thing which doesn't help. I keep telling myself and reading the word and hearing from other people that this isn't true, even God spoke to me, and I still cant shake this delusion. Has anyone gotten this delusion before? and if so,, how long did it last? and does anyone have any advice?

P.s when I ignore the thoughts, something else takes that place. For I realize when I wake up in the morning or when I am still, I can feel the symptoms of my schizophrenia.
Get baptized.

Upvote 0