God does not desire to save the Reprobate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't bother I have Vine's in my library as well as others. A strict definition of the Greek word wouldn't of course. That doesn't mean that the word has no reference to election though does it? BTW all the sources you have given were and are anti-calvinists. Their anti-calvinist views influenced their definition so it is reasonable that they left out election on purpose. What it tells me is that you are willing to build a fence around the word in order to make it fit your theology. Your refusal to admit any other usage of the word and cling so desperatly to the strict defintion given by men of your own viewpoint tells me that you are not so willing to be objective in the discussion after all. You have stopped your ears to the simple and obvious fact that the word has a usage beyond your strict defintion. By doing so you have created a false dilemma and are arguing from a position of tunnelvision. The way a word is used defines it more than its strict defintion. Take the word gay for example. In it strict definition it simply means happy but it is no longer defined that way because of its usage.

Exactly!

If you want an established and reputable source look up Boyce's "Abstract of Systematic Theology" or any of the other well known and reputable Calvinist theologians. But I doubt that you will. You will accept only that which agrees with your notions.

As a Baptist, how can one not read Boyce's work?

I'll do one better, here is the link to "Abstract of Systematic Theology, Chapter XXX, Reprobation".

Since he thinks so highly of Charles Finney, why not read what Finney says concerning "Reprobation"?

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

hwyangel

Mar 25, 2012
✟15,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Remember the story of the pharisee?
Jesus said, “The person who exalts himself will be humbled. The person who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Jesus does not want us to be like the Pharisees, to have hearts that are hard towards God, to have hearts that are hard towards other people whom the world considers “obvious sinners,” or appear to lead lives very different to ours.
Jesus was angry at the Pharisees because their hearts were hard. Their hearts were not soft. Their hearts were not full of the compassion of God. Jesus’ heart was full of compassion for the lepers, the poor, the maimed, the blind, the lame and those regarded as outcasts. The hearts of the Pharisees were not. This was the problem. This is the problem if our hearts are hard and not compassionate to the “so-called” sinners of society.
The Pharisees were proud of their uprightness and moral rectitude and did not perceive that they were lost.
Jesus wants us to have the heart and attitudes of the tax collector. Jesus wants us to be humble, to be honest in our self assessment of our sinfulness. Jesus wants us to come to him on a daily basis and ask for his forgiveness for the mistakes we make. Jesus counsels us not to look down our spiritual noses at other people and secretly confess, “I thank God that I am not like them. We are commanded to love others like a brother and help them the best we can, let's not be so quick to give up. Let us pray to God that our hearts are open and welcoming to all those who seek to find God in our midst and that we may never think we are better than those we long to serve in Jesus’ name. Amen

Upvote 0
B

Blessedj01

Imagine being here two years and dealing with this!

Keep the faith and keep up the spirit. What others think and do cannot affect our position in Christ and need not make us unsettled, because we don't live governed by feelings or what others think of us, but governed by the Spirit by faith.

H.

Thanks man. Just one day of thinking about this left me depressed the next morning. This is a side of Christianity that I knew existed, but just never really interacted with until now. It's like stale bread.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Imagine being here two years and dealing with this!

Imagine being here seven and dealing with stuff like what you are saying.

The door swings both ways my friend.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
MOD HAT ON
After staff review, this thread will remain premanently closed due to multiple violations of the flaming rule:

● Do not insult, belittle, mock, goad, personally attack, threaten, harass, or use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members or groups of members. Address the context of the post, not the poster.
● If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button. Do not report another member out of spite.

mod hat off.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.