Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
GOD CARES, PERIOD!

Matthew 10:26-31 (NRSV)

[Jesus said,] "So have no fear of them; for nothing is covered up that will not be uncovered, and nothing secret that will not become known. What I say to you in the dark, tell in the light; and what you hear whispered, proclaim from the housetops. Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. And even the hairs of your head are all counted. So do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows."

Even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
- Matthew 10:30 (NIV)

I was 33 years old and beginning chemotherapy for breast cancer. I was afraid for my life, afraid my three-year-old son would have to grow up without a mother, and afraid I was not strong enough to survive my treatment. To me, God, my loved ones, and my church were important. My work, my clothes, and my looks were not.

Then my hair began falling out. I knew losing my hair was not important, yet it was hard to accept; I cried for several days. During that time I constantly prayed that God would help me stay focused on the important things, not on my hair. But nothing could draw me out of my despair. Finally, I knelt and cried out to God, "I know it's just hair, but could you please comfort me and help me?" With tears in my eyes, I opened my Bible randomly and looked down at this verse: "Even the very hairs of your head are all numbered." I was crying over my lost hairs, and I had no idea how many I had. But God did. God created my hair. Yet up to this point, my faith had not included the belief that God cared about such small things. In that instant I realized that no matter how small or how big the problem, God cares and will help.

Prayer: Dear Father, help us to remember you are more loving and more powerful than we can even imagine, helping us with our small problems as faithfully as with life-and-death situations. Amen.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God made every inch of us and every hair on our head.

-- Michelle Hepner (Oklahoma, U.S.A.)

PRAYER FOCUS: To trust that God cares about the details
Submitted by Richard

Reactions: mjs4him

jamiepr79

Give God All the Glory
Mar 25, 2006
Goodwood, Cape Town
✟481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
JOB
13 Why do you complain to him
that he responds to no one's words [
a]?
14 For God does speak—now one way, now another—
though no one perceives it.

15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on people
as they slumber in their beds,

16 he may speak in their ears
and terrify them with warnings,

17 to turn them from wrongdoing
and keep them from pride,

18 to preserve them from the pit,
their lives from perishing by the sword. [
b]

2 Corinthians 5:21 > God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. TNIV

Rev 3:19 AMP Those whom I [dearly and tenderly] love, I tell their faults and convict and convince and reprove and chasten [I discipline and instruct them].

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater that all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one.

As far as the east is from the west, [so] far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums