Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
My daughter got her perfect attendance ribbon for Religious Education. She was very happy. I gave it to her and then started changing her brother. I hear her in the other room.

"Here you can have it, it's for you."

I come around the corner and she is praying at the family altar.

2016-05-04.jpg

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I will add my 6th grade students this year asked so many good questions that show they really really want to know about their faith. Whenever I had open question time they often asked about Purgatory and concepts adults shy away from. But one also had and excellent question that most kids want to know but never ask and it is vital.

"If we have free will, why does the Church tell us how to use it?"

A very important question. Vital to the growth of faith. And one young adults in particular are prone to wonder. God bless the children, may they have the faith to ask.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will add my 6th grade students this year asked so many good questions that show they really really want to know about their faith. Whenever I had open question time they often asked about Purgatory and concepts adults shy away from. But one also had and excellent question that most kids want to know but never ask and it is vital.

"If we have free will, why does the Church tell us how to use it?"

A very important question. Vital to the growth of faith. And one young adults in particular are prone to wonder. God bless the children, may they have the faith to ask.
So how did you answer the question?

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We had a good discussion about how freedom means also accepting the responsibility to do is you should. And how Free Will cannot be used just uninformed. And since they all wanted to talk about it in Greater depth I just flipped some classes on the schedule and moved up our talk on the deposit of faith.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0