Apr 11, 2014
✟15,847.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't know much about the whole GMO thing, to be honest, but I do know this: hysteria does not convince me.

I can't think of a single topic today that causes more delirious ranting than GMO (except maybe feminism/MRA stuff), especially from people who I would otherwise consider to be perfectly rational. Most 'discussions' about it I see tend to feature snarl words ("frankenfood", "shill"), digressions into only tangentially related territory (e.g. pesticide use), and pointing out that Monsanto is a big corporation and therefore evil by default.

If the anti-GMO people really want to convince undecided people like me, they should really tone down the rhetoric. Luckily, this topic seems to be more sane than most I've seen.

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I can't think of a single topic today that causes more delirious ranting than GMO
I guess you were out of the country when the whole Ferguson thing happened then :)

Yeah "delirious ranting" is a good way to put it. IMO most are against it out of paranoia and then look for "facts" to try and justify their irrational fears. Maybe this is what the TV/movie melodrama has wrought. Can't you just hear the evil laughs as the evil scientists working for big corp's hover over test tubes bubbling away with nastiness.........

sigh

Upvote 0