1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dismiss Notice
  2. We have a brand new Congregational forum for our CF members, the Calvary Chapel Fellowship forum. Please be sure to read the Statement of Purpose for this new forum before posting. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Glory to God 35 days SMOKE FREE!!!

Discussion in 'Addictions & Substances' started by BabyandMe, Oct 24, 2005.

1. BabyandMe

BabyandMe New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I give ALL the Glory and ALL the honor to God! It is by HIS grace that I have been smoke free 35 days!

As a smoker of at least 24 years and up to 3 packs per day I just want to encourge anyone thinking and praying about quiting. Give it to God. If you take that first step He will meet you there. I won't tell you it is easy but I will say HIS Grace is sufficient!

God did not just take the taste and addiction away. The decision had to be made by me. I decided to smoke that first time and I had to decide to stop that last time. But God is faithful and He has been there to give me strength and make a way out of what I thought was no way. I never ever thought I could ever ever stop smoking. I enjoyed smoking and it was almost like smoking was my friend. But HE REIGNS!!!! He is the Lord of my life! I no longer wanted smoking to be the head of my life. I literally woke up each morning w/ a smoke being the first thing on my mind. Now I wake up thanking God for a new smoke free day.

I continue to pray for those who are posting their struggles w/ this addiction and am praying for those who read and are considering stopping. I thank each of you for your prayers as well.

2. StarryEyedPea

StarryEyedPea New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    Yay!
    Well done and Congrats!

Keep it up ! God bless

Starr x

3. Evie1980

Evie1980 Learning to thrive