Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glory to God 35 days SMOKE FREE!!!

Discussion in 'Addictions & Substances' started by BabyandMe, Oct 24, 2005.

1. BabyandMe

BabyandMe New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I give ALL the Glory and ALL the honor to God! It is by HIS grace that I have been smoke free 35 days!

As a smoker of at least 24 years and up to 3 packs per day I just want to encourge anyone thinking and praying about quiting. Give it to God. If you take that first step He will meet you there. I won't tell you it is easy but I will say HIS Grace is sufficient!

God did not just take the taste and addiction away. The decision had to be made by me. I decided to smoke that first time and I had to decide to stop that last time. But God is faithful and He has been there to give me strength and make a way out of what I thought was no way. I never ever thought I could ever ever stop smoking. I enjoyed smoking and it was almost like smoking was my friend. But HE REIGNS!!!! He is the Lord of my life! I no longer wanted smoking to be the head of my life. I literally woke up each morning w/ a smoke being the first thing on my mind. Now I wake up thanking God for a new smoke free day.

I continue to pray for those who are posting their struggles w/ this addiction and am praying for those who read and are considering stopping. I thank each of you for your prayers as well.

2. StarryEyedPea

StarryEyedPea New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    Yay!
    Well done and Congrats!

Keep it up ! God bless

Starr x

3. Evie1980

Evie1980 forgetting me, learning You