Irregular Nonconformist
Oct 2, 2003
Oregon, USA
Visit site
✟8,991.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ampmonster said:
I'm gearing up for the coldest night..ever, in NJ here and i hear Algore is giving a speech tonight on global warming...
...global warming is theory, not fact. it was dreamed up by a few wackos with nothing better to do with their degrees and happened to get a grant.
again...the science community's ego runs unchecked thinking us humans and our machines can destroy God's earth. not likely
I do believe in global warming. We're in the beginning of the End Times and God said He was going to destroy the earth through fire this time, right? ...... Do you get it? ......

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Godzman said:
Umm... well it is really cold, you sure it is not Global freezing
A particularly cold day doesn't disprove Global Warming. The average tempature across the whole world has been gradually rising over the past 100 years. That is a fact. The dispute is whether or not Man is playing a role in it or not and the degree of that role. I don't think that role is believed to be as great as it once was.

Keep in mind that during an Ice Age the average global tempature is only about 5 degrees colder than the "Hot" ages. Doesn't sound like a lot, but remember that's an average. Some areas were get much colder and others get warmer. The reason that happens is that so much of the ocean freezes that it can't properly distribute heat from the equator.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So instead of reducing emmissions, good Christians should go out and buy an SUV to hasten the destruction of the planet?

Krazeekkc said:
I do believe in global warming. We're in the beginning of the End Times and God said He was going to destroy the earth through fire this time, right? ...... Do you get it? ......

Upvote 0
U

Uzi_4_U

I don't know why you think that the length of time that the earth has existed has any impact on whether humans can impact the climate.
It is on that. I was wondering if you thought that was arrogant thinking.

And very small changes in the average temperature can add up to very large changes in weather patters.
So does that meat that if the average mean temperture of Antartica goes up by two degrees then the ice is going to melt or something? After the ice is melted will it cause massive floods?

It's is not a question of energy that we have released. It's a question of greenouse gasses.
I was just contrasting how puny we are compared to the forces of a hurricane.

What is the definitive link between greenhouse gases and global warming?

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know about the positive effects of the mythical global warming, but the positive effects of the massive hysterical scare of global warming is that it employs the "scientists" and the "ecology freaks" so they don't have to go out and get real jobs. M

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Below is a link to a site that has some interesting and important information when considering the theory of global warming.

Global Warming A Chiling Perspective

Personally, I think the greater threat to the well being of the planet is not greenhouse emissions, but rather, Whitehouse emissions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Uzi_4_U said:
What is the definitive link between greenhouse gases and global warming?
Greenhouse gases trap heat. CO2 is the most common. Methane is another.

That greenhouse gases trap heat and can raise planetary temperatures is fact. Look at Venus. It's a planet on runaway global warming. It's atmosphere is mainly CO2 and it's temperature is well above what it would be if Venus had an atmosphere more like that on Earth.

Massive icepack meltoff and rising sea levels could result from a rise in the average temperature. Probably the most important change though would be changes in the previling weather patters. Areas that are used to getting a lot of rain may not get it.

One important issue is the amount of moisture in the air. Moisture also increases heat retention. And Storms would be generally more powerful.

It's important not to think that global warming is just a simple degree rise in termperature everywhere. That's not it. Some pleaces will be warmer and some colder depending on changes in the weather patter. Imagine if something were to happen that shut off the gulf stream? If that were to happen, northern europe, expecially the UK would start to look like Labrador.

Upvote 0
U

Uzi_4_U

Greenhouse gases trap heat. CO2 is the most common. Methane is another.
Does an increase in greenhouse gases lead to and increase in heat retention or are the increased amount of heat and the presence of greenhouse gases signs of something else?

Massive icepack meltoff and rising sea levels could result from a rise in the average temperature. Probably the most important change though would be changes in the previling weather patters. Areas that are used to getting a lot of rain may not get it.
That could is very interesting. It has been nearly a week of the temperture not getting below the freezing point of water here and still there is snow. It was pushed into piles that are a couple of feet high, but assuming that there are a few more days where it might get to 40 degrees Fahrenheit in Antartica how much ice is that really going to melt?

One important issue is the amount of moisture in the air. Moisture also increases heat retention. And Storms would be generally more powerful.
Is that cause and effect or collaboration?

Upvote 0

christianactor

Jan 15, 2004
✟211.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Its mentioned in the Bible that In the last days hurricanes will rise and storms will start to rampage the planet. That being said does not prove it is man's doing. Ever since the flood the planet has been on a decline. When noah left the ark things were different. First of all in the days of genesis we see the most beatifull gardens in the world where presently resides modern day baghdad. We have found evidence of the garden of eden but its not here today. This for me is evidence that global warming has been going on for a really long time. So the point of all this is to say man has no partaking in the problem global warming.

Upvote 0