Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually, the idea of the Flood being local is often revisited by good solid evangelicals from time to time. It really diminishes the narrative very little and could clarify some things. I happen to believe it was global but the idea of a local flood is intriguing and not without merit.

Sorry I didn't have time to read the OP. I browsed it real quick and it seems pretty reasonable and well thought out.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Actually, the idea of the Flood being local is often revisited by good solid evangelicals from time to time. It really diminishes the narrative very little and could clarify some things. I happen to believe it was global but the idea of a local flood is intriguing and not without merit.

Sorry I didn't have time to read the OP. I browsed it real quick and it seems pretty reasonable and well thought out.

Grace and peace,
Mark
Thanks for sharing as you did :)

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've come to believe that the scriptures are 100% accurate and I don't worry about the parts
that seem to conflict with a scientist views.
Absolutely. If there was a passage in the Bible that said, "So the Lord reversed the sun for a day so that those planting had the previous day again and the one after that before the great wind came," and if Jesus verified that the event happened, then that would be all the evidence I need. Our so-called science loving friends cannot differentiate between "scientific" and "true." They are locked into thei belief that natural law, not God's law, is the governing force in our world.

The fact is, if God chooses to create an entire race of people tomorrow and populate them throughout the earth, there is no force in existence which can deny His will. He doesn't need evidence to prove He can do the impossible. He requires faith to prove the heart of man.

Upvote 0
J

Joshua0

Gxg (G²);60385579 said:
It has already been established by many that people had been living there since 70,000 BCE...
Modern man did not start to move north until 40,000 years ago. 70,000 years ago neanderthal would have been living in this part of the world. 40,000 years ago we start to find artifacts like sowing needles, fish hooks and nets and spear heads. So modern man started to make clothing to live in the colder weather. There is a huge amount of information in the DNA about this. It looks like they followed the water and ate a lot of fish. They worked their way up the Tigris Euphrates river valley because there was water and food. This became what they call Mesopotamia 6,000 years ago. This of course was when we have the domestication of the plants and animals that we read about in the Bible at the time of Adam.

As far as the flood. Noah's flood was a shadow of the world wide flood that took place many millions of years ago and caused the break up of Pangaea into the Continents we have today.

Catastrophic Plate Tectonics: A Global Flood Model of Earth History - Answers in Genesis

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Going through things recently, I came across this and thought it was intriguing:

It's also UnScriptural since it falsely assumes that the flood happened to the present Planet Earth. Adam's world (Kosmos) was totally destroyed in the flood. ll Peter 3:6 Our Earth is covered with water, but doesn't dissolve like Adam's Earth did. It's because we live on the 3rd Rock from the Sun. Amen?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just 2 points I think about when thinking about the flood.
Concerning the evidence we presently have: 1) it looks as though there was a powerful flood that probably happened in conjuction with a massive cataclysm that killed the dinosaurs. 2)That type of flood would have made it impossible for an olive tree to regrow and sprout leaves so quickly as stated in Genesis. Remember the dove returned with an olive branch. This would suggest that this flood was either local or more of a gentle flooding rather than covering everything with dozens of feet of sediment mixed in.

So the only thing left to say is that there were two floods. One that killed the dinosaurs and one that killed the people and animals with Noah and his family surviving.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Just 2 points I think about when thinking about the flood.
Concerning the evidence we presently have: 1) it looks as though there was a powerful flood that probably happened in conjuction with a massive cataclysm that killed the dinosaurs.

1) Doesn't work since the Dinosaurs went extinct some 65 Million years ago.

*** 2)That type of flood would have made it impossible for an olive tree to regrow and sprout leaves so quickly as stated in Genesis. Remember the dove returned with an olive branch. This would suggest that this flood was either local or more of a gentle flooding rather than covering everything with dozens of feet of sediment mixed in.

Amen, but there is another answer. The Ark was in the largest Lake in the mountains of Ararat, one which is 75 miles wide. Remember the Raven? It flew to shore and got a weeks start of feasting on Olive trees BEFORE the Dove joined him there. The Lake is Lake Van, Turkey.

*** So the only thing left to say is that there were two floods. One that killed the dinosaurs and one that killed the people and animals with Noah and his family surviving.

The Dinosaurs were not killed by a Flood, but instead, by an Asteroid and Noah's Flood was contained within Lake Van, Turkey and has been for 11k years. Adam's solid firmament is at the bottom of the Lake covered with centuries of volcanic sediments.

Upvote 0

puddleglum3

Apr 14, 2016
Kansas
✟466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Practically all geologists reject flood geology.
Thus fulfilling Peter's prophecy.

For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished.
(2 Peter 3:5-6 ESV)

Reactions: Aman777
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Thus fulfilling Peter's prophecy.

For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished.
(2 Peter 3:5-6 ESV)

Amen. Notice also that these verses are speaking of the Scoffers/Evolutionists of the last days and telling us the argument which destroys their false view. They don't know that Adam's world (Kosmos) was totally destroyed in the Flood.

This means that ALL of the events dreamed up by the men who promote Evolutionism are totally FALSE. This is because life began on Adam's world while the Scoffers Falsely teach that life evolved on Planet Earth. They forgot about the Flood which reveals their "willing ignorance". Amen?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
I guess I'm not totally opposed to a local flood but the fact is I see no reason to categorically reject a global flood when that's the clear testimony of Scripture.

Grace and peace,
Mark

It certainly wasn't a local flood for the people on Adam's world, which was totally destroyed in the Flood. God calls it the world (Kosmos) that THEN WAS

2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: (Greek-destroyed totally; utterly)

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
This makes very little sense. Wasn't the earth reshaped by the flood? Weren't the layers of strata under the Euphrates river laid down by the flood? Wouldn't that mean that the Euphrates river wasn't there before the flood?

Exactly right. Noah and his family may have named
rivers, mountains, etc. after ones in the pre-flood
world, but they were not the same ones.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Modern man did not start to move north until 40,000 years ago. 70,000 years ago neanderthal would have been living in this part of the world. 40,000 years ago we start to find artifacts like sowing needles, fish hooks and nets and spear heads. So modern man started to make clothing to live in the colder weather. There is a huge amount of information in the DNA about this.

That sounds like we have so much complete information,
instead of very little information with a lot of evolutionary
filler stories.

"One sometimes reads that all hominid fossils could fit in a coffin, or on a table, or a billiard table. That is a misleading image (Note: not untrue), as there are now thousands of hominid fossils. They are however mostly fragmentary, often consisting of single bones or isolated teeth. Complete skulls and skeletons are rare."
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/specimen.html

Upvote 0