Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow, dad... are you claiming to be a saint now too???
And if he is not, he will probably kick God's keister again! (He actually said that if God told him that the Bible wasn't inerrant that he would kick His keister. You obviously don't know the caliber of the man you are dealing with, Split Rock. He outranks God. In so many ways.)

:bow:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Saint dad. Ooooooooookay. :liturgy:
1 Corinthians 1:2a Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints,

A born again person is a saint (sanctified one).

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]"For [/FONT]many are called[FONT=arial, sans-serif], but [/FONT]few[FONT=arial, sans-serif] are chosen." matt[/FONT]
Of course saints are what believers are. Being a saint has nothing to do with the old Catholic idea of super goodness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just find it curious that you would associate with him since he explicitly denied the existence of God in writing ;).
Right, I noticed that lately. Maybe I'll change it. But it is not like an avatar is me. Notice he is holding up a C? That represents light speed and my point is that his rules don't apply after all in the future or past. Quite different that holding his ideas up as something I support:)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Right, I noticed that lately. Maybe I'll change it. But it is not like an avatar is me. Notice he is holding up a C? That represents light speed and my point is that his rules don't apply after all in the future or past. Quite different that holding his ideas up as something I support:)
You can always pick one of mine ... ;)
Evolution, in my opinion, is nothing more than a revival of the Old Testament [times] idols.

Each nation had a primary deity, usually with the deity coupled with man in some way; and the scientific community is no exception.

images

Sagittarius

images

Horus

images

Dagon

images

Minotaur

images

Evolution

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

The laws of physics do not apply on in your mind. They do apply in the real world, always have and always will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The laws of physics do not apply on in your mind. They do apply in the real world, always have and always will.
Bizarre prophesy and statement. God says that a new world is coming, one where we will live forever. I think He rules in the prophesy dept. As for how far away from your range earth laws apply, that is debatable.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Bizarre prophesy and statement. God says that a new world is coming, one where we will live forever. I think He rules in the prophesy dept. As for how far away from your range earth laws apply, that is debatable.

No dad, a bizarre prophesy is that the laws of physics has changed. Observation and measurements of radionuclide decay rates from supernovae millions of light years away verify unchanging physical properties. Many other independent means of this verification also support an unchanged physics. Conversely, your bizarre assertion is completely unsupported.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No dad, a bizarre prophesy is that the laws of physics has changed.
Who says they changed? Strawman.

Observation and measurements of radionuclide decay rates from supernovae millions of light years away verify unchanging physical properties.
Nope. How far away depends on space and time being the same. You realize that much I hope!

Many other independent means of this verification also support an unchanged physics.
None support physics in the far past, period, forget changed physics.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟590,115.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
I noticed that freedom was a central issue in his letter. The Gestapo tactics of the godless Inquisitors, making it illegal to be a believer basically in the US.

Hopefully, now that they voted there for an ungodly leader, (openly anti bible policies) and blaspemy, no one in their right mind expects anything but oppression and darkness anymore there. The US is the enemy of God now.

Rot, cubed and squared.

Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Saint dad. Ooooooooookay. :liturgy:
I realize you are just having fun with the term but just for the sake of general readers who may take it seriously:

The Greek text of the original basic means "holy ones" or "sanctified ones" or even "God-changed individuals" as a more "hip" modern rendering.

Word meanings are tricky things and we each bring our own connotations to the table which get coupled with the actual denotations. As a linguist I find it interesting how both christians and non-christians get into confusing discussions because what is meant is not always what is heard----and MOST Americans fail to understand just how APPROXIMATE are all language translations! It is IMPOSSIBLE to produce a 100% equivalent rendering of most texts---even most sentences of significant length.

Upvote 0