Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sounds rather like aggressive Islamic fundamentalism, or Islamofascism as Hitchens termed it. Maybe we should call dad's ideology Christofascism.
Call it whatever you like. Call Nero a great fiddler if you like for all it matters.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You've made your position plain and everyone can see you for what you are.
Great. Whatever that means....

By the way, I remember Glen posting here some time ago. The evos had already started to turn on him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My side will take over soon. Relax.

That is definitely a threat that is foreign to the teachings of Christ. So I'm prone once again to remind readers: Dad doesn't speak for those of us who respect the teachings of Christ and who refuse to join ANY side that speaks of persecuting others.

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
That is definitely a threat that is foreign to the teachings of Christ. So I'm prone once again to remind readers: Dad doesn't speak for those of us who respect the teachings of Christ and who refuse to join ANY side that speaks of persecuting others.

Don`t worry. Posters here know that dad is, shall we say, one of a kind.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
My side will take over soon. Relax.
Your "side" consists of you and no one else. Dad fantasies aside, you're not "taking over" anything.

Don't worry. We know dad only represents what I like to call, "Dad's Lonely Church of One." In this church, dad is God's One True Prophet on Earth and speaks inerrantly in His Name.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Jesus is coming again actually to rule forever with His saints. With an iron rod no less. His word is forever and His knowledge will cover the earth. If this is news to you, then ask someone mildly familiar with God or scripture.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your "side" consists of you and no one else. Dad fantasies aside, you're not "taking over" anything.
My side as relates to this thread has to do with freedom from slavery of sin. Of course the scripture speaks on lifestyles and such as well, but that is God's side. I only try to make it my own in my weak little way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Jesus is coming again actually to rule forever with His saints. With an iron rod no less. His word is forever and His knowledge will cover the earth. If this is news to you, then ask someone mildly familiar with God or scripture.

He's been "soon to return" for almost 2000 years. Most of us here are familiar with the mythology because people that think it's a real story still haven't shut up about it all this time.

I'm curious as to what you think is taking him so long?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He's been "soon to return" for almost 2000 years. Most of us here are familiar with the mythology because people that think it's a real story still haven't shut up about it all this time.
And He was promised a first coming for thousands of years before that. Count your blessings that you have the chance to get right and that kids the world over are getting a chance to know Him, that to know is eternal life. He is patient, but also has a time set. Use it well evos.

Hey, the mount where His feet will land will split east to west at that time. There is as we speak a fault in it, just the right direction apparently. If anyone thinks that the events in Israel are not approaching the way things will be in the end, then let me know. I doubt there are too many of them around. Get ready folks.

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
And He was promised a first coming for thousands of years before that. Count your blessings that you have the chance to get right and that kids the world over are getting a chance to know Him, that to know is eternal life. He is patient, but also has a time set. Use it well evos.

Hey, the mount where His feet will land will split east to west at that time. There is as we speak a fault in it, just the right direction apparently. If anyone thinks that the events in Israel are not approaching the way things will be in the end, then let me know. I doubt there are too many of them around. Get ready folks.

tumblr_lurpz9PA3z1qa4uc1o1_500_large.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The Bible strongly refutes your assumption that you are in any position to gloat over what you perceive to be your eventual right to "get even" by persecuting others. This is clearly "news to you" but as you say, you are only MILDLY FAMILIAR with God and the scriptures. We see that fact repeatedly in your posts. If you had STRONG FAMILIARITY with the Bible, you wouldn't post 90% of your claims.

Jesus taught his followers TO BE HUMBLE AND TO BE SERVANTS. Instead, you write as if you are looking forward to being in charge and having domination over those you dislike here. I want NOTHING to do with that attitude---because it tells me that you have no knowledge of the love of Christ and the humility of one who follows Christ's example in loving one's enemies and washing the feet of others. "Sassing" those whom you see as sinners below your level of moral superiority and your "future ruler status" tells me a lot about you.

But as you say, your ideas represent someone MILDLY FAMILIAR with God and the Bible. I would prefer the wording "someone POORLY FAMILIAR with God and the Bible." If you understood the Bible's teachings, you wouldnt' be gloating about some future day when you say you are going to be ruler over others on this forum.

No. I want NOTHING to do with your unBiblical claims. They have NOTHING to do with the servant heart, love, and humility that Jesus taught. Instead, it is as if you are telling readers on this forum how someday God is going to put you in charge over them. No, I want nothing to do with that DELIGHT in domineering over others. ("I'm going to be your boss someday!" is not something Christ called you to declare.)

You seem to be working overtime to repel readers from having any desire to be a follower of Christ. (As a Christ-follower myself, your behavior grieves me. It repels others from wanting to be a Christ-follower.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you want to take freedoms away from those you don't agree with?
No freedoms exist for those that disagree with God, they are slaves. Their ability to steal salvation and truth from the innocent, and stuff only evil lies in their place, ought to be limited in any quasi just society. If it is not then it is certain that they as a nation will be limited or rather possibly eliminated if history serves as any indication. Really. Beware.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible strongly refutes your assumption that you are in any position to gloat over what you perceive to be your eventual right to "get even" by persecuting others. This is clearly "news to you" but as you say, you are only MILDLY FAMILIAR with God and the scriptures. We see that fact repeatedly in your posts. If you had STRONG FAMILIARITY with the Bible, you wouldn't post 90% of your claims.
Jesus is taking over. Deal with it. Not like anyone is asking for a vote here.
Jesus taught his followers TO BE HUMBLE AND TO BE SERVANTS. Instead, you write as if you are looking forward to being in charge and having domination over those you dislike here.
Filthy dreaming. I would rather that those that disagree with me here get saved and live happily ever after too.

But as you say, your ideas represent someone MILDLY FAMILIAR with God and the Bible. I would prefer the wording "someone POORLY FAMILIAR with God and the Bible." If you understood the Bible's teachings, you wouldnt' be gloating about some future day when you say you are going to be ruler over others on this forum.
Not just a forum, the world...the universe. Get your head out of the gutter.
No. I want NOTHING to do with your unBiblical claims. They have NOTHING to do with the servant heart, love, and humility that Jesus taught. Instead, it is as if you are telling readers on this forum how someday God is going to put you in charge over them.
That depends if they come over to His side or not. Yes Jesus is coming again to rule the earth.

No, I want nothing to do with that DELIGHT in domineering over others. ("I'm going to be your boss someday!" is not something Christ called you to declare.)
I can't wait, pal. Bring it on.
You seem to be working overtime to repel readers from having any desire to be a follower of Christ.
Accuser of the saints.....
(As a Christ-follower myself, your behavior grieves me. It repels others from wanting to be a Christ-follower.)
I like you too.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No. I want NOTHING to do with your unBiblical claims. They have NOTHING to do with the servant heart, love, and humility that Jesus taught. Instead, it is as if you are telling readers on this forum how someday God is going to put you in charge over them. No, I want nothing to do with that DELIGHT in domineering over others. ("I'm going to be your boss someday!" is not something Christ called you to declare.)
Humility is an anathama to dad.

Accuser of the saints...
Wow, dad... are you claiming to be a saint now too???

Upvote 0

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Humility is an anathama to dad.

Wow, dad... are you claiming to be a saint now too???

I should imagine dad was fast tracked past sainthood long ago on his way to being one of God's special helpers, an Archangel probably or one of His Seraphim or Cherubim. Nothing as lowly as a saint.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Jesus taught his followers TO BE HUMBLE AND TO BE SERVANTS. Instead, you write as if you are looking forward to being in charge and having domination over those you dislike here. I want NOTHING to do with that attitude---because it tells me that you have no knowledge of the love of Christ and the humility of one who follows Christ's example in loving one's enemies and washing the feet of others. "Sassing" those whom you see as sinners below your level of moral superiority and your "future ruler status" tells me a lot about you.

You seem to be working overtime to repel readers from having any desire to be a follower of Christ. (As a Christ-follower myself, your behavior grieves me. It repels others from wanting to be a Christ-follower.)

:thumbsup:

I believe one of "dad's" recent posts stated that he didn't attend church. (Just saying)

Upvote 0