1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glenn Morton has left the building

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by USincognito, Nov 7, 2012.

1. verysincere

verysincere Exegete/Linguist

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I'm a Bible-believing Christian but I don't understand what you are saying. In particular:

1) Who is being "forced to be quiet on God's views"? Can you provide specifics?

2) I can't determine the meaning of this statement:
    "So called science, which is unrelated to knowledge and fact and is not science in fact."

How is science (as taught in K-12 public schools and universities) unrelated to knowledge??? What is your definition of science? (I was a science professor before moving to the humities but I was not aware of a change in the definition of science and what is being taught.)

3) "When you teach that God never created ...." I've never heard of the schools teaching negatives of that sort. Indeed, I've not heard of schools mentioning God at all in a science class, see how God cannot be tested in the scientific method.

Are you referring to the U.S. in these statements?

2. dad

dad Undefeated

Faith:
    Christian
    Actually that seems to be a gift.
    Silly names aside the differences in the past of the bible are stark, and stunning and real.

3. dad

dad Undefeated

Faith:
    Christian
    Not at all. Unless folks have bible agreement for their little revelations or voices, or what have you, they are insignificant to me.

No laughing matter at all. The judgment that must ensue is actually a frightful thing.

That depends if you have a brain.

False. Politicians and teachers and all sorts of people are gagged and are fearful to say certain things in public.

Has to.

It sodomizes society something fierce.

It devalues what is called sacred. Debases it to hell.
    There is no right to kill babies. Heck I think babies might be better off if women had no vote.

No. The present state realities are not a surprise.

No. I tell the truth. The stuff you know is small. The stuff you peddle against creation and God is anything but science.

Nor they ours. So I guess one country no longer fits. Good riddance to bad rubbish I guess.

4. Split Rock

Split Rock Conflation of Blathers

Faith:
    Agnostic
    No, dad... there is a stark difference between what we know about reality now and what the bible authors knew.

5. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then if we're so high and modern today, why is it we can't describe ... in technoagreement ... what happened three days after Jesus was crucified?

6. CabVet

CabVet Question everything

Faith:
    Agnostic
    Unfortunately, the people that wrote the Bible did not take a complete set of data. So, not much we can do with insufficient data. That is, of course, starting with the assumption that it actually happened.

7. Split Rock

Faith:
    Agnostic
    What is "technoagreement?"

8. AV1611VET

Faith:
    Baptist
    The opposite of "technodenial".

You know ... the Ark couldn't have been seaworthy because of stress factors, and various other clipboard reasonings?

9. dad

dad Undefeated

Faith:
    Christian
    Teachers who must stick to godless lies. Anyone that opposes unbiblical Sodom promotion and teaching in school, on the media, in office or elsewhere. Etc etc.
    That depends do they teach millions of years ago stuff happened? Do they teach that life evolved sort of on it's own, and no God in the picture? Etc etc....
    It should be somewhat related to the root word scio....to know.

"

• ┬ôScientist comes from the Latin word scio to know, and Science means that which we know by watching things and trying things, -- by making experiments.┬ö
      English Literature for Boys and Girls"
    scio - definition and meaning

If you mention creation and suggest life and the universe got here by the big bang, or some such nonsense.....rather than creation.

Are you referring to the U.S. in these statements?[/quote]I would think of Canada also, and other places. One can understand a country like the former USSR purposely doing such things, but when a country blathers on about praying for vets and God save us, or in God we trust, etc etc I expect more. P or get off the pot. He probably would prefer hot or cold.

10. dad

dad Undefeated

Faith:
    Christian
    None at all actually. You do not know but only believe differently, and among evos, in large part, that is by design, not accident.

11. Split Rock

Faith:
    Agnostic
    Ha! I happen to know the ark was a containment vessel, and could have been made of styrofoam and still been kept afloat by God! :thumbsup:

12. Split Rock

Faith:
    Agnostic
    Does your babble make any sense to you?

13. CabVet

CabVet Question everything

Faith:
    Agnostic
    I was just about to ask someone to translate it to me. Good to know I am not the only one that doesn't understand it.

14. Split Rock

Faith:
    Agnostic
    I hereby christen a new term.... "dadbabble."

15. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

Faith:
    Agnostic
    So what it comes down to is that dad feels persecuted because he can't use the law to force other people to live the way he wants them to live and believe the things he wants them to believe in.

That's right folks. By not having a christian theocracy we are persecuting christians.

16. Tomk80

Tomk80 Titleless

Faith:
    Agnostic
    Or put simply, dad feels persecuted because he isn't allowed to persecute those that do not have the same beliefs as him.

17. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

Faith:
    Unitarian
    Wow, I didn't realize that Morton was such a jerk as his comments about Sandra Fluke show him to be.

18. AV1611VET

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must have my posts memorized or something! ;)

19. Mr Strawberry

Mr Strawberry Newbie

Faith:
    Atheist
    Sounds rather like aggressive Islamic fundamentalism, or Islamofascism as Hitchens termed it. Maybe we should call dad's ideology Christofascism.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  20. dad

dad Undefeated

Faith:
    Christian
    False. I don't live there, I merely note that the freedoms extend to the devil's crowd more and more. Those in the know realize where that must lead.