Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Well, not the building per se, but he's removed his website from the Internet has posted a rather long and slightly bitter post explaining why here:
Why I took my creation web pages down

I didn't get through the entire post but in part of it I note that he has perceived a trend for anti YEC misinformation to be also move toward anti religion.

If I perceive that correctly I understand what he is going through. I have never been a YEC, but anti religion comments are quite common in some threads here. I think that is counter productive in revealing the sad truth that the YEC movement is riddled with deliberate misrepresentations. Atheists are apparently unwittingly pursuing the wrong objective.

I think the best approach perhaps, is to concentrate specifically on the misrepresentations and dispense with arguments that question religious beliefs. In other words, show what is being misrepresented and how, rather than just presenting scientific evidence for evolution and and an old earth.

Thoughts?

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
While I can sympathize with his position, I also see in his response something that I think are good things. One of his complaints is that bigots are more and more prohibited by law to use religion as an excuse to practice their bigotry and atheists moving to force the government to comply with its own rules on the separation of church and state. If that is the reason he stopped his page, good riddance to him as far as I am concerned.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well, not the building per se, but he's removed his website from the Internet has posted a rather long and slightly bitter post explaining why here:
Why I took my creation web pages down

A pretty angry and hateful letter complaining about others being angry and hateful. Ironic. I find it a bit hard to understand how a small minority of a small minority (militant atheists) can be such a big threat to Glenn's religion. Sorry, but I don't buy it. Sure there are intolerant jerks and trolls on either end of the spectrum, but they don't have the power that Glen seems to think they have to form policy in this country. Case in point, most of the evolution supporters here in this forum are not anti-religion.

I also disagree with allowing YECs to teach religion as science in public schools, even if its what the parents in the district want. They can teach their religion in their churches... that is where it belongs, not in public schools. That is what our Constitution and our laws say.

While I am somewhat disappointed in Glen's decision, it was his to make. He has the right to make it. There you go, Glenn, I disagree with you, but I am supporting your right to make your own decisions and the right (as you wrote about) to be wrong.

Upvote 0

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
I didn't get through the entire post but in part of it I note that he has perceived a trend for anti YEC misinformation to be also move toward anti religion.

If I perceive that correctly I understand what he is going through. I have never been a YEC, but anti religion comments are quite common in some threads here. I think that is counter productive in revealing the sad truth that the YEC movement is riddled with deliberate misrepresentations. Atheists are apparently unwittingly pursuing the wrong objective.

I think the best approach perhaps, is to concentrate specifically on the misrepresentations and dispense with arguments that question religious beliefs. In other words, show what is being misrepresented and how, rather than just presenting scientific evidence for evolution and and an old earth.

Thoughts?
I agree, though it's a fine edge to separate the misrepresentations from beliefs (since many of them are presented the same way) and to confront them properly.

On a separate matter, since I don't feel like posting two posts in a row:

The thing I disagree most with, of what he wrote, is the school system. It's probably more complicated than how I perceive it but I was under the impression that he saw the children as properties of the parents, rather than unique individuals deserving equal opportunities in life.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A pretty angry and hateful letter complaining about others being angry and hateful. Ironic. I find it a bit hard to understand how a small minority of a small minority (militant atheists) can be such a big threat to Glenn's religion....
I noticed that freedom was a central issue in his letter. The Gestapo tactics of the godless Inquisitors, making it illegal to be a believer basically in the US.

Hopefully, now that they voted there for an ungodly leader, (openly anti bible policies) and blaspemy, no one in their right mind expects anything but oppression and darkness anymore there. The US is the enemy of God now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I noticed that freedom was a central issue in his letter. The Gestapo tactics of the godless Inquisitors, making it illegal to be a believer basically in the US.

Hopefully, now that they voted there for an ungodly leader, (openly anti bible policies) and blaspemy, no one in their right mind expects anything but oppression and darkness anymore there. The US is the enemy of God now.

You haven't taken your meds yet today, have you?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps you can cite some evidence of this?
Can a teacher refuse to teach lies and ungodly things? Can a child bring a bible to school? Can parents not allow their brainwashed daughter to not kill her child? Can one preach what the bible says on marriage publicly, and take measure to keep the gleefully perverted from their ranks?

The believers are forced more and more into hiding and secrecy like the catacombs of Rome. I would be surprised if the next several years were not marked by growing real persecution, evil oppressive laws, open blasphemy, and such inevitable results of advanced decay. Good news for believers!!! Very good news. People get ready, there's a train a comin.....and to hell with the US and it's leadership.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can a teacher refuse to teach lies and ungodly things? Can a child bring a bible to school? Can parents not allow their brainwashed daughter to not kill her child? Can one preach what the bible says on marriage publicly, and take measure to keep the gleefully perverted from their ranks?

The believers are forced more and more into hiding and secrecy like the catacombs of Rome. I would be surprised if the next several years were not marked by growing real persecution, evil oppressive laws, open blasphemy, and such inevitable results of advanced decay. Good news for believers!!! Very good news. People get ready, there's a train a comin.....and to hell with the US and it's leadership.

He asks for evidence, you offer none.

You haven't taken your meds yet today, have you?

Perhaps he had too much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Can a teacher refuse to teach lies and ungodly things?

Yes. If they refuse to teach the curriculum they may get fired, but then why would someone choose a profession where they are forced to go against their beliefs? What next? Jews are persecuted because they can't be taste testers at ham factories?

Can a child bring a bible to school?

Yes, absolutely. You can even read your bible during your free time at school. What is not allowed is teachers evangelizing during school hours, or the use of public dollars in evangelizing. I don't see why this is a problem.

Can parents not allow their brainwashed daughter to not kill her child?

Yes. Parents can even have their daughter committed to a mental institution (a 72 hour hold) if they feel that their daughter is a threat to other people, including her child.

Can one preach what the bible says on marriage publicly, and take measure to keep the gleefully perverted from their ranks?

Yes.

The believers are forced more and more into hiding and secrecy like the catacombs of Rome.

What? Everywhere I go I see churches where people proudly and publicly attend services thorughout the week. No one is stopping them. In fact, I am pretty sure that the majority of people in the US are believers of one faith or another. I have never, ever seen a law that states that christians can not hold public office. However, states did pass laws that prevented atheists from holding public office. History and facts are just the opposite of what you claim

I would be surprised if the next several years were not marked by growing real persecution, evil oppressive laws, open blasphemy, and such inevitable results of advanced decay. Good news for believers!!! Very good news. People get ready, there's a train a comin.....and to hell with the US and it's leadership.

And now you have to invent persecution in order to feel better about yourself.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

What a load of crappola. President Obama is a practising Christian. There is nothing "ungodly" about the man. You can always leave the country and go somewhere more appealing to you... like maybe Iran. :wave:

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Its a comin!

Any day now..

Real soon!.....

Any moment!!.......

Not long to wait!....

....snore........:sleep:

Upvote 0