giving teen freedom..??

highranger

Jul 4, 2006
✟7,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i have a daughter that is almost 16..she is a good girl, very responsible but i'm just not sure how much we should let her go out with friends..she has a boyfriend that is a good christian guy, very nice..she sees him about three times a week, they usually just sit around our house and talk or watch tv..then she has other friends that she just likes to hang out with..like go over to their house and sun tan or what not..but if it was up to her, she would be gone until curfew every night..but we try to keep it down to about 4 nights a week during the summer and only on weekends during school time..

guess my question is, is it wrong to allow the teens to be with their friends..after all, this is the time when they are searching for their individual identity as a young adult..i feel like she should be around the house more, but when she is she is usually on the phone with friends or bored to death..so how much is to much freedom..??

she has never missed a curfew or done any thing to lose our trust, and she seems to be maturing..i just know that once you let go of the reigns, it's hard to pull them back in..