Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I can say for absolute certain that my relationship with God has been the most difficult yet the most rewarding I have ever had. It has truly been a great work in progress to submit to Him and give all over to Him. He has worked great miracles in my life and I am in awe of His power.

In what ways has God humbled you? Have you struggled with not surrendering to His will at times and letting Him handle all things in your life? What was your "wake up" moment? Would love to hear your stories. :)

Jan 8, 2015
Florida
✟15,152.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am personally still experiencing this struggle. I believe that Jesus is my savior, that He died for my sins and rose again, but I am only recently discovering what is truly expected of me. I am not really sure how to give it all over to Him. I constantly battle with worry, fear, anxiety, and a strong sense to take care of myself. I know that I am really just beginning my journey, but I still feel lost and unsure of what to do.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can say for absolute certain that my relationship with God has been the most difficult yet the most rewarding I have ever had. It has truly been a great work in progress to submit to Him and give all over to Him. He has worked great miracles in my life and I am in awe of His power.

In what ways has God humbled you? Have you struggled with not surrendering to His will at times and letting Him handle all things in your life? What was your "wake up" moment? Would love to hear your stories. :)

Do you satisfy these conditions?

Luke 14
26 "If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

27 Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.

33 So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions.

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you satisfy these conditions?

Luke 14
26 "If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

27 Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.

33 So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions.

ALL Christians should satisfy those conditions. Not sure why that should even be a question. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2015
Florida
✟15,152.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Luke 14

What, exactly, does this mean? I don't understand the reference to hating your family.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
ALL Christians should satisfy those conditions. Not sure why that should even be a question. :thumbsup:

All Christians cannot satisfy those conditions. However, disciples should if they wanted to follow Jesus. Then only they answer the call of Jesus for His ministry full time!

Upvote 0

BornAgainBrian

The Honourable Schoolboy
Dec 23, 2014
Wahiawa, HI
✟16,392.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It also requires detaching from them from the previous family bondage and carnality.

To a point this is true. I don't believe it means my folks can't come to Hawaii and visit my family in the summer time.

I've heard that kind of extreme claimed before.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To a point this is true. I don't believe it means my folks can't come to Hawaii and visit my family in the summer time.

I've heard that kind of extreme claimed before.

But that is a requirement for His disciples! Well, why only your folks, all are welcome to share the Gospel with interpretation by His disciples.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BornAgainBrian

The Honourable Schoolboy
Dec 23, 2014
Wahiawa, HI
✟16,392.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But that is a requirement for His disciples! Well, why only your folks, all are welcome to share the Gospel with interpretation by His disciples.

Do you believe despising one's wife is a requirement in the same way: to literally hate a wife and shun her?

How could you explain half the writings of Paul?

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe despising one's wife is a requirement in the same way: to literally hate a wife and shun her?

How could you explain half the writings of Paul?

All the twelve apostles and Paul had no family encumbrances during the ministry.

Reactions: YESLORDIWILL
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You know for me I was saved at 6 and then spend the next 30 years running away from God. He called me and I ran when it got hard at 17, I would come back and then run come back and run or more like it was God dragging me back. :) At 36 two major things happen, A friend showed me I could not lose my salvation. I was Baptized and the Holy Spirit hit me. God called me a second time, but this time He was not kidding He meant I was doing it. I learned what Paul meant by slave to God, I started studying for ministry and continue to this day studying to get my degree in ministry. I have found I love Learning and talking about God. That was my wake up moment, The day i realized everything I was looking for and wanted was in God chasing after me, all I ever had to do was stop running.

blu

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You know for me I was saved at 6 and then spend the next 30 years running away from God. He called me and I ran when it got hard at 17, I would come back and then run come back and run or more like it was God dragging me back. :) At 36 two major things happen, A friend showed me I could not lose my salvation. I was Baptized and the Holy Spirit hit me. God called me a second time, but this time He was not kidding He meant I was doing it. I learned what Paul meant by slave to God, I started studying for ministry and continue to this day studying to get my degree in ministry. I have found I love Learning and talking about God. That was my wake up moment, The day i realized everything I was looking for and wanted was in God chasing after me, all I ever had to do was stop running.

blu

Great testimony, Blue. Thanks for sharing. :)

Upvote 0