London
✟19,055.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
seems to me that while a lot of people will claim to be Christian and use it to form the basis of beliefs , how many of them do what Jesus did? I wonder how many will take care of the homeless, accept others and welcome outcasts as he did.
Am not here to start a fight, a pleasant debate on whether what we do is good in our Father's eyes is my line.
I admit that I see a big problem with Christians who have a lot of money but won't give to needy and deserving causes.

The Antigrrrl

May 18, 2012
✟16,072.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most of the Christians I know do help/ give money, do you know they are not or do you think they don't give enough? Like personally, I will give to shelters , etc but I typically think it is no one else's business what I do financially so I don't broadcast it either.

Upvote 0

The Antigrrrl

May 18, 2012
✟16,072.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think though that there is a lot of greed in some parts of the church, which also tend to be the same parts that attack others beliefs
Human beings have a tendency to act that way, being in a church does not change the essential sin nature which runs towards greed/ lack of empathy etc. " churches are hospitals for the sick not museums for the perfect" as the saying goes, people that go to church have to struggle with their sin nature too, just like anyone else.

Upvote 0

Bethany35

Liberal Christian, Jesus loves all
Oct 4, 2015
London
✟19,055.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It just infuriates me when those same ones with greed also seem to be attacking gays, people who hate abortions and others.

It's more hypocritical than Kim Davies who has had five divorces standing against gay marriages cause they end in divorces.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bethany35

Oct 4, 2015
London
✟19,055.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I think that the christian way is why we should stand against oppression, abuse and attacks on human rights, we should also be very careful not to lash out at other groups who have dne nothing to us except tried to live their own lives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bethany35

Oct 4, 2015
London
✟19,055.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
actually I find it never right to attack but I do think if someone lashes out at another group simply because their view of the bible doesn't match then it is quite hypocritical, and am not aware these were before she was converted!
It does seem to me that one with four divorces, born again or not, cannot sit in judgement on the rights of others.
In fact I feel as few people should sit in judgement as possible and people should live and let live.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Antigrrrl

May 18, 2012
✟16,072.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yah, Christians should just try to get along with everyone and not make any waves and just die peacefully in their beds at age ninety without ever having ticked anyone off, just like the example Jesus and all his disciples set right?

Except WWJD is call a bunch of people out and get nailed to a cross at a young age. I never understand the whole " real Christians don't offend/ hurt people's feelings!" cries. Christians who go with the flow of society are called" salt that has lost it's savor " in the Bible ( worthless in other words)

You also seem to have Christians confused with SJWs.

Reactions: Gordon Wright
Upvote 0

Bethany35

Oct 4, 2015
London
✟19,055.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Jesus and his disciples stood agains t the oppression of the poor, sick and homeless, not against anyone being accepted. That's what the Romans were against, others being accepted.
"A new commandment I give you, love one another."

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's so easy to tell the rich people they should do this and that. If it was war I could take a few in my 2 room apartment with 3 kids. One woman with a big house told another woman with a castle and 12 free rooms she should take a friend of her in and blaming her. She was just too selfish to do it herself. A guy wanted to commit suicide because he lost his job and was homeless so I told him he could come over to Holland and stay in our house. Turns out he has lots of friends with houses and even parents. Come on now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

asherahSamaria

Oct 19, 2013
✟16,390.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Do you think it's right to attack Christians for what they did before being converted?

Are you saying the United Baptist Church members are not Christians? I'm pretty sure that's against the rules here.

Upvote 0

Mister_Al

Jun 9, 2005
✟9,656.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
seems to me that while a lot of people will claim to be Christian and use it to form the basis of beliefs , how many of them do what Jesus did? I wonder how many will take care of the homeless, accept others and welcome outcasts as he did.
Am not here to start a fight, a pleasant debate on whether what we do is good in our Father's eyes is my line.
I admit that I see a big problem with Christians who have a lot of money but won't give to needy and deserving causes.

How many of those that claim to be Christians are really Christians?

Alan

Upvote 0