Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
CHICAGO -- Police are seeking two suspects in the brutal beating of a woman who was riding the CTA Blue Line yesterday morning.

The beating happened around 10 a.m Thursday on a CTA Blue Line train headed west, approaching the Kedzie-Homan stop.

19-year-old DePaul student Jessica Hughes was on her way home to Berwyn from a morning class and says after a large group of people got off the train at the UIC Halstead stop, a man moved to the seat in front of her, turned around and attacked.

“He grabs me, pushes me to the floor and starts beating on my head repeatedly,” Jessica said.

The man wanted Jessica’s phone. It was in her pocket. A woman who was with the attacker jumped in and punched Jessica in the nose, breaking it.

All the while, two male passengers stood by and watched.

http://wgntv.com/2016/04/29/woman-attacked-while-riding-blue-line-suspects-sought/

Welcome to Chicago.

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
These sorts of irrational crimes are so disturbing. If a person just swipes a phone off a table to sell it for rent money, that at least makes sense, even though it's obviously still a crime. But using disproportional force suggests that the attacker is essentially a loose cannon. An attack on crowded public transport means the person doesn't care about the consequences of getting caught, or isn't well enough in the head to care.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
CHICAGO (CBS) — A DePaul University student was brutally attacked for her iPhone on a CTA Blue Line train on Thursday, and she said witnesses stood by and did nothing to help her.
Her attacker was a woman.. Who's to say that woman wasn't an undercover cop or have a gun? So you go to help the innocent victim and the attacker ends up being a cop and arrests you too.. or worse, a criminal with a gun and you get shot..
Guns are banned in Chicago so the only people who have them are criminals.. Its no wonder no one wants to get involved.

Chicago Police said they are checking CTA security cameras for video of the attack.

“I just pray that they find these animals,” Amador said.

And what do they think will happen to these (two?) attacker(s) when they do find them? First, our tax payer dollars will finance a lawyer for them, then we'll pay more tax dollars for the court proceedings, and in the end they'll be given probation or a 30 day slap on the wrist and be right back out doing more criminal stuff.

Here's how the story should have gone:
A 19 year old woman was attacked on a Chicago Train, the woman pulled a handgun and shot the attacker dead.. No charges are pending as several eye witnesses confirmed the victims statements about the attack. The transit authority has taken the bus out of service to patch the hole in the ceiling where the attacker's brain matter and bullet passed through.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I only like smooth jazz and chillout.
We call it rock and roll, and Dave had a hard rock trio before, but me on piano and Bruce on sax open the door for smooth and jazzy. As a matter of fact, the song I was directing you to has that kind of feel.
I started a rock and roll band back in 8th grade, and stayed in that for gigs, the band practicing in my basement. But meanwhile, two blocks up the street, I would jam on the blues for a couple years with neighborhood guys until we started getting into fusion jazz.

Last edited:
Reactions: nightflight
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These things only happen in Chicago?
They happen in Baltimore, Newark, Atlanta, Detroit, Gary.........

But this story takes place in Chicago.
Of course, random violence only takes place in urban areas, not small towns or rural areas. :rolleyes: Can you say "dog whistle"?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
CHICAGO (CBS) — A DePaul University student was brutally attacked for her iPhone on a CTA Blue Line train on Thursday, and she said witnesses stood by and did nothing to help her.
Her attacker was a woman.. Who's to say that woman wasn't an undercover cop or have a gun? So you go to help the innocent victim and the attacker ends up being a cop and arrests you too.. or worse, a criminal with a gun and you get shot..
Guns are banned in Chicago so the only people who have them are criminals.. Its no wonder no one wants to get involved.

Chicago Police said they are checking CTA security cameras for video of the attack.

“I just pray that they find these animals,” Amador said.

And what do they think will happen to these (two?) attacker(s) when they do find them? First, our tax payer dollars will finance a lawyer for them, then we'll pay more tax dollars for the court proceedings, and in the end they'll be given probation or a 30 day slap on the wrist and be right back out doing more criminal stuff.

Here's how the story should have gone:
A 19 year old woman was attacked on a Chicago Train, the woman pulled a handgun and shot the attacker dead.. No charges are pending as several eye witnesses confirmed the victims statements about the attack. The transit authority has taken the bus out of service to patch the hole in the ceiling where the attacker's brain matter and bullet passed through.
wait what? In a different thread, you spoke of direct, real threat to your life is the only reason to pull out a gun. Clearly that's not the case here. So....wha?

Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
wait what? In a different thread, you spoke of direct, real threat to your life is the only reason to pull out a gun. Clearly that's not the case here. So....wha?
You don't consider people assaulting you a "real threat to your life"?

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You don't consider people assaulting you a "real threat to your life"?
Believe it or not, no. Just because someone punches me I the face doesn't mean they want me dead. There is, to me, a HUGE chasm between the two. They wanted her phone, not want her dead

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Believe it or not, no. Just because someone punches me I the face doesn't mean they want me dead. There is, to me, a HUGE chasm between the two. They wanted her phone, not want her dead

So basically if someone were you assault you, you'd just be a punching bag?

Now explain how you tell that the person beating you wont stop after they get your phone.

Upvote 0