Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think it much matters whether he was motivated by racism. In stalking the boy when he was explicitly told not to, something he likely would not have done without a gun, he showed a callous disregard for human life.

I have to disagree and this case is a pet peeve of mine, because so many, ignore the evidence in the case.

Zimmerman's bad judgment was getting out of his car to keep track of where Martin was and that is not a disregard for life. Disregard for life occurs, when you incur physical harm on another person, that is when disregard for life happens.

The evidence showed, Martin decided to forgo going home and instead decided to circle back and confront Zimmerman - his choice. The evidence also supported, Martin punched Zimmerman and was pounding his head against the cement, which to me, appears to be a severe, disregard for life.

How some people selectively view and or ignore the evidence in this case, reminds me of how some fundy Christians, look at the evidence for evolution.

Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Except the defense didn't use that law, though granted at least one of the jurors clearly had it mind when they acquitted him.

They didn't have to use the law, because the evidence showed it was a clear case of one person being in legit fear of their life and or severe bodily harm.

Even the renowned forensic pathologists noted; the injuries Zimmerman suffered were consistent with his story and the eye witness testimony. He also stated, it could have only been one or two more hits against the cement, before he likely would have gone unconscious.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Whatever led up to the situation, if someone was overpowering me, bashing by head against the concrete, pummeling my face, and saying that tonight I'm gonna die, you better believe I would shoot them if I had the opportunity. I'd be lying if I claimed anything else.

Again, you don't know he said your going to die. Now, what would you have your minor son do if he is being stalked by a creepy older man with a gun?

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Again, you don't know he said your going to die. Now, what would you have your minor son do if he is being stalked by a creepy older man with a gun?

I would have my minor son to run away, not attack someone who is carrying a gun.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

If your head is being pounded against the cement, does someone have to say "your are going to die" for you to fear severe bodily harm?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

If Martin was so scared or had fear, why didn't he go home and call the police? Fact is, the evidence showed he not only wasn't scared, he went on the attack.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Oh, please. Stop with the painting of Martin as a sweet, innocent, little, defenseless boy. He was MMA trained, and even complained that one fight ended too quickly because he didn't bloody up his opponent enough. Snap out of it! Face reality, and stop buying into the false narrative.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Zimmerman may be the biggest jerk who ever lived, but that doesn't mean you ignore the evidence in this specific case, which tells a much different story, than you appear are willing to accept.

Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

2Peter 1:21 Cry Out For Wisdom Grace Heals
Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since the trial is over I'll not comment on the verdict because it is over and done with.
As for Mr.Zimmerman's choosing to rid himself of a gun that must certainly remind him of this event, I cannot judge him for wishing to be rid of it.
If he sold it to a gun store being he would have to show ID, the shop would likely try to market it for sale as that same gun that was used by George Zimmerman to...And this after Mr.Zimmerman received a likely pittance in comparison to what the shop would try to sell it for.

I can't judge his financial situation either.
Go with God Mr. Zimmerman.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
The evidence showed, Martin decided to forgo going home and instead decided to circle back and confront Zimmerman - his choice.

There is no evidence for that other than Zimmerman's word.

The evidence also supported, Martin punched Zimmerman and was pounding his head against the cement, which to me, appears to be a severe, disregard for life.

If he had been pounding it that hard he would have had a concussion, which the doctor who examined him found no evidence of. Yeah, Martin bunched him and broke his nose. The scalp injuries could have easily come from scuffling on the ground, but yes, Martin was on top and getting the best of the fight until he was shot.

How some people selectively view and or ignore the evidence in this case, reminds me of how some fundy Christians, look at the evidence for evolution.

It sounds to me you are taking every word Zimmerman says as evidence and disregarding everything Rachel, who was on the phone with Treyvon at the time said.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Oh, please. Stop with the painting of Martin as a sweet, innocent, little, defenseless boy. He was MMA trained, and even complained that one fight ended too quickly because he didn't bloody up his opponent enough.

Both Zimmerman and Martin had MMA training. What does that prove? Zimmerman was still the stalker.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't remember what that Arizona tea, Skittles and Robitussin drink is called. They say it causes paranoia, among other things. But, for the life of me, I don't remember what it's called. Does anyone know the name for that concoction?

Lean? :scratch:
tulc(just trying to help) :)

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is no evidence for that other than Zimmerman's word.

If he had been pounding it that hard he would have had a concussion, which the doctor who examined him found no evidence of. Yeah, Martin bunched him and broke his nose. The scalp injuries could have easily come from scuffling on the ground, but yes, Martin was on top and getting the best of the fight until he was shot.

It sounds to me you are taking every word Zimmerman says as evidence and disregarding everything Rachel, who was on the phone with Treyvon at the time said.

You are in serious denial of the evidence presented at trial.

I am not taking Zimmerman at his word, I examined the evidence presented at trial. Martin's own girlfriend testified he stated he was right next to his home and she testified at that time Martin made racist remarks about Zimmerman. The timeline presented with this testimony and cell records, showed Martin had to circle back a couple hundred feet, to confront Zimmerman.

And about the potential for damage to Zimmerman's skull and likelyhood of feeling a genuine fear of at least severe bodily harm, I will rely on one of the most respected forensic pathologists who ever lived, thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Both Zimmerman and Martin had MMA training. What does that prove? Zimmerman was still the stalker.

Zimmerman had just started that training; a couple months maybe. Also, why are you bent on framing this in a "stalker" narrative? Don't answer that. I know exactly why. Tell me something. When law enforcement does a stakeout or are following rape suspect, do you consider that stalking? Don't answer that either. I'll save you the embarrassment and mental gymnastics. So, cease with all this "stalker" nonsense. It's false and you know it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can't remember what that Arizona tea, Skittles and Robitussin drink is called. They say it causes paranoia, among other things. But, for the life of me, I don't remember what it's called. Does anyone know the name for that concoction?

Lean.

Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

2Peter 1:21 Cry Out For Wisdom Grace Heals
Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's called, Purple Drink. Or as some say, Purple Drank.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Martin's own girlfriend testified he stated he was right next to his home and she testified at that time Martin made racist remarks about Zimmerman.

Not how I would describe her testimony. She states that Martin tried to lose Zimmerman has he neared his house (what near means we don't know.) The racist comment comes in the context of his reporting that he is still being followed.

"He said, 'Why are you following me for?' And I heard a hard-breathing man say, 'What you doing around here?'"

The fact Zimmerman is breathing hard indicates he is the one pursuing.

Upvote 0