Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think the problem was he was over-charged. They should have gone for manslaughter rather than murder.
Why? That shot saved Zimmerman's life. "You gonna die tonight." said Trayvon, as he was bashing Zimmerman's head against the concrete, and delivering MMA blows to his face, and as Zimmermam was screaming for help.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Why? That shot saved Zimmerman's life. "You gonna die tonight." said Trayvon, as he was bashing Zimmerman's head against the concrete, and delivering MMA blows to his face, and as Zimmermam was screaming for help.

You have no idea what Trayvon Martin said. Only Zimmerman claims this. What we do know is that a grown man was stalking a teenage boy returning from a convenience store after buying an ice tea and Skiddles, even though the police told him not too. The boy assumed the worst about this "creepy" man's intentions and reacted accordingly.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have no idea what Trayvon Martin said. Only Zimmerman claims this. What we do know is that a grown man was stalking a teenage boy returning from a convenience store after buying an ice tea and Skiddles, even though the police told him not too. The boy assumed the worst about this "creepy" man's intentions and reacted accordingly.

As if his purchases from a store mean anything. Are you going to post his pic from when he was 12, like the media did?

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You have no idea what Trayvon Martin said.

That's true. And you have no idea that Trayvon didn't say that. However, I do have the photos of Zimmerman's bashed head, both back and front. Those photos show, at a minimum, Trayvon's intent of serious bodily harm. So, the threat to kill Zimmerman is not far fetched nor out of the question.

What we do know is that a grown man was stalking a teenage boy returning from a convenience store after buying an ice tea and Skiddles, even though the police told him not too. The boy assumed the worst about this "creepy" man's intentions and reacted accordingly.

First off, Zimmerman was part of a neighborhood watch program. He saw something suspicious and called 911. (because that's what stalkers do, right? they call 911 when they're stalking someone, right?). Nice try, but the "stalker" narrative fails. His age is only relevant in that he was younger, at 18 almost peak physical condition, taller and had lot's of MMA training. He was more physically fit (18-22 is peak physical condition for men), and taller than Zimmerman. So, stop with all this "he was just a defenseless little boy" nonsense. Also, if you look at all the police reports, eyewitness testimonies, etc, he was headed back to his truck when Trayvon attacked him.

Bonus question - What kind of drink is made with Arizona tea, Skittles and Robitussin?

l

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
18 years of age is not peak fitness and you're doing your best to paint a picture of a big scary black kid attacking a poor defenseless man.

I see what you did here. You added the words "scary" and "black" to what I said, completely misrepresenting and twisting what I actually said. I never added race to the 18-22 peak physical condition, nor did I qualify any emotions, such as "scary". You did that, all by yourself. Are you a racist?

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think the problem was he was over-charged. They should have gone for manslaughter rather than murder.

He was clearly overcharged.

With that said, there was no evidence to convict him of a lower charge either. In fact, the prosecutions own witnesses, supported Zimmerman's case more than their own.

Zimmerman may be an A-1 you know what, but the evidence in this particular case just wasn't there. The FBI even investigated him to find evidence of racism and they found nothing.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
18 years of age is not peak fitness and you're doing your best to paint a picture of a big scary black kid attacking a poor defenseless man.

An 18 year old, is certainly capable of inflicting damage on another adult.

The evidence showed, he had Zimmerman on his back, pounding his head on the cement. The physical evidence supported this and the eye witness testimony also supported this.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I see what you did here. You added the words "scary" and "black" to what I said, completely misrepresenting and twisting what I actually said. I never added race to the 18-22 peak physical condition, nor did I qualify any emotions, such as "scary". You did that, all by yourself. Are you a racist?

A little bit of editing like NBC.

Reactions: TheBear
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
As if his purchases from a store mean anything.

It proves he was not trying to break into any apartments like Zimmerman thought he was. Which means Treyvon would have seen him as nothing but a creepy stalker. What would you have had your son done if he thought he was being followed by a pervert?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Absolutely right if Zimmerman doesn't leave his vehicle this likely doesn't happen. What many people tend to forget though, is Martin was right next to his house, when he decided to not go home and instead circle back to find Zimmerman. This was confirmed in the testimony from Martin's girlfriend, in which she related what he had told her, along with the racist remarks Martin made against Zimmerman. So, Zimmerman may have made a error by leaving his car, but Martin clearly was seeking Zimmerman out, when he circled back after deciding to not go home.

Here is the bottom line that many do not want to admit in this case, but the evidence screams; it was cool to say the following and I believe Obama said it as well; if Martin would have been white, things may have turned out differently. Problem is, the evidence in the case points to this; if Zimmerman would have been black, things may have turned out differently.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It proves he was not trying to break into any apartments like Zimmerman thought he was. Which means Treyvon would have seen him as nothing but a creepy stalker. What would you have had your son done if he thought he was being followed by a pervert?

I would have told him to go home. Martin was right next to his home and decided to instead go back and find Zimmerman. If you recall the closing arguments of the defense, they put the evidence together presented at trial and demonstrated the same.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Again with pushing the "stalker" narrative. ^_^ Because pervert/creepy stalkers call 911 whenever they're stalking someone. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have no idea what Trayvon Martin said. Only Zimmerman claims this.

While it's true that we don't know what was said, we do know that at some point Martin did become the aggressor.

ZimmermanBloodyHead.jpg

original.jpg

...now, like I said before, that doesn't excuse the poor judgment on his part, he should've known that his CCW permit doesn't make him a cop.

With the way the law is written for Florida, as soon as one party escalates it to physicality, the other party can then stand their ground. Doesn't matter if they initiated the conflict or not (provided they didn't initiate it in a physical way)....

Meaning, I could talk trash to a drunk all night long in Florida, the moment he shoves or takes a swing at me, I'd be justified, in accordance with Florida law, to take action (even though I would have technically started it).

While I agree with certain implementations of the Stand Your Ground laws that are out there in various places, even as a pro-gun, pro-carry person, I'll admit Florida's are rather poorly constructed/worded...

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
With that said, there was no evidence to convict him of a lower charge either. In fact, the prosecutions own witnesses, supported Zimmerman's case more than their own.

Zimmerman may be an A-1 you know what, but the evidence in this particular case just wasn't there. The FBI even investigated him to find evidence of racism and they found nothing.

I don't think it much matters whether he was motivated by racism. In stalking the boy when he was explicitly told not to, something he likely would not have done without a gun, he showed a callous disregard for human life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Okay, I have to ask. How does carrying candy and soda disprove someone trying to break into any apartments? Just curious about this.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I can't say what I think of this guy on this forum. He will come to a bad end, of that I'm sure. He has the wild west attitude, the gunslinger, and those who live by the sword - guess what they die by. Shrug. He will be a loss to no-one. I hope that these guys who have been pushing the price up to millions of dollars keep on going. It's hilarious.

As for the gun being a "piece of American history." SMDH. He will be a small footnote in a book about ignorant bigots.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Whatever led up to the situation, if someone was overpowering me, bashing by head against the concrete, pummeling my face, and saying that tonight I'm gonna die, you better believe I would shoot them if I had the opportunity. I'd be lying if I claimed anything else.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
While it's true that we don't know what was said, we do know that at some point Martin did become the aggressor.

With the way the law is written for Florida, as soon as one party escalates it to physicality, the other party can then stand their ground.

Except the defense didn't use that law, though granted at least one of the jurors clearly had it mind when they acquitted him.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think it much matters whether he was motivated by racism. In stalking the boy when he was explicitly told not to, something he likely would not have done without a gun, he showed a callous disregard for human life.

The dispatcher asked Zimmerman to watch Martin. At that point Zimmerman had not been told "not to follow".

At this point, Zimmerman follows Martin, eventually losing sight of him. The dispatcher asks, “Are you following him?” When Zimmerman answers, “Yeah,” the dispatcher says, “We don’t need you to do that.” Zimmerman responds, “O.K.” This is probably the best-known part of the exchange. The dispatcher says don’t follow him, one theory goes, Zimmerman does anyway, and that causes the fatal confrontation. But this view of the facts obscures the earlier part of the call—when the dispatcher appears to be asking Zimmerman to follow and report the person’s movements. The call ends when Zimmerman gives the dispatcher information about how the police should find him (Zimmerman, that is) in the complex. Zimmerman asks that the police call him upon their arrival so he can provide his location. Zimmerman ends the call at 7:13 P.M. The first police officer arrived on the scene at 7:17 P.M., by which time Trayvon Martin was already dead.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-facts-in-the-zimmerman-trial

Upvote 0