Genesis 6:4 - Giants

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

How does this verse say that the Giants were the offsprings of the union between sons of god and daughter of men?? The verse states that there were Giants in the earth in those days and after that. The children of the sons of god and daughters of men are call men of renown. can someone show me why people are saying these offsprings were giants?? I dont see that in the verse.

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

How does this verse say that the Giants were the offsprings of the union between sons of god and daughter of men?? The verse states that there were Giants in the earth in those days and after that. The children of the sons of god and daughters of men are call men of renown. can someone show me why people are saying these offsprings were giants?? I dont see that in the verse.
And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, “The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size. We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.”
Numbers 13:32‭-‬33 NIV
http://bible.com/111/num.13.32-33.NIV

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

David vs. Golliath (9ft Tall champion, not a fickle body with pituitary gland problems.)

King Og at 13ft tall

The philistines.

The rephaim, nephilim, anakim, enim, and gebur.

Upvote 0

jacksknight

Mar 16, 2016
USA
✟1,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold, his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man."

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This still does not show that the text mentioned above in Gen 6 says that these Giants were the of springs of the sons of god and the daughters of man. The texts you guys quote only say that the Giants (nephalim) had of springs.
The Nephilim are the offspring of the sons of God producing children with human women

The sons of God are what most people would call "angels"

Where do you think the giants came from? Who do you think the Nephilim are, if they're not giants?

Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Nephilim are the offspring of the sons of God producing children with human women

The sons of God are what most people would call "angels"

Where do you think the giants came from? Who do you think the Nephilim are, if they're not giants?
Show me what scripture you see saying that the Nephalim are the of spring of the sons of god and the daughters of men. As far as I can tell the Bible does not say where the Giants came from so I won't speculate. But if YOU are saying that they came from the union of angles and women, I hope you have clear scriptures that prove this.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Show me what scripture you see saying that the Nephalim are the of spring of the sons of god and the daughters of men. As far as I can tell the Bible does not say where the Giants came from so I won't speculate. But if YOU are saying that they came from the union of angles and women, I hope you have clear scriptures that prove this.
Genesis 6:4 is the scripture that is connecting the Nephilim(Giants) with the sons of God having sex with women

The sons of God are not male humans. In fact, in the Tanach, every time they're mentioned, it's clearly referencing angelic/divine beings

“"Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements—surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?”
‭‭Job‬ ‭38:4-7‬ ‭ESV‬‬

“Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.”
‭‭Job‬ ‭1:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.”
‭‭Job‬ ‭2:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For who in the heaven can be compared unto the Lord? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the Lord?”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭89:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬ (in Hebrew, the text says Sons of El, which means the sons of God)

^^^these scriptures are referring to angelic/divine beings in the heavenly realm. Obviously if they're angelic/divine beings(that were created), then it wasn't humans in Genesis 6 that had sex with other humans that created an offspring of giants called the Nephilim

Reactions: jacksknight
Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Genesis 6:4 is the scripture that is connecting the Nephilim(Giants) with the sons of God having sex with women

“"Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements—surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?”

“Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.”

“Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.”

“For who in the heaven can be compared unto the Lord? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the Lord?”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭89:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬ (in Hebrew, the text says Sons of El, which means the sons of God)

^^^these scriptures are referring to angelic/divine beings in the heavenly realm. Obviously if they're angelic/divine beings(that were created), then it wasn't humans in Genesis 6 that had sex with other humans that created an offspring of giants called the Nephilim

There were giants in the earth in those days and also after that, when the sons of god came in unto the daughters of men and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old men of renown."
where does this scripture say that the children were the Giants (nephalim)

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There were giants in the earth in those days and also after that, when the sons of god came in unto the daughters of men and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old men of renown."
where does this scripture say that the children were the Giants (nephalim)
the text is plainly saying that in the days before and after the flood, there were giants(nephilim) when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men(had sex) and bared children to them. I can't really make it any clearer than what the text already says. We can agree to disagree

Obviously giants are not natural

The scripture is telling us where the Giants came from. It's really not that complex. I just accept what the scripture says

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the text is plainly saying that in the days before and after the flood, there were giants(nephilim) when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men(had sex) and bared children to them. I can't really make it any clearer than what the text already says. We can agree to disagree

Obviously giants are not natural

The scripture is telling us where the Giants came from. It's really not that complex. I just accept what the scripture says
No the scripture is NOT telling us where the Giants came from. It is saying that the Giants existed -that's it. What the scripture is saying is the the children were mighty men of old, man of renown. That doesn't even come close to saying "the children were the Giants" you are not even twisting scripture, you are simply making stuff up.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The sons of God are not male humans. In fact, in the Tanach, every time they're mentioned, it's clearly referencing angelic/divine beings

The sons of God mentioned in the story of Job are the representatives from the other worlds God has created... Satan, having taken dominion of this world from Adam, was able to attend these assemblies.

Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The sons of God mentioned in the story of Job are the representatives from the other worlds God has created... Satan, having taken dominion of this world from Adam, was able to attend these assemblies.
can you quit adding to scripture please, the bible does not support this made up doctrine. At least the idea that the Giants were the of springs of woman and angles has some ancient manuscript backing and was believed for a long time before the Sethite view came to be.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
can you quit adding to scripture please, the bible does not support this made up doctrine. At least the idea that the Giants were the of springs of woman and angles has some ancient manuscript backing and was believed for a long time before the Sethite view came to be.

A fairy tale is a fairy tale, even if it is found in the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You reject it not because of its merits but of malice to the teaching, imo.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then why don't you postulate what the reference in Job is about... if it wasn't for our understanding, it wouldn't have been included with the detail it was into the text.

Do you believe that God has created other worlds (inhabited) besides ours?

Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then why don't you postulate what the reference in Job is about... if it wasn't for our understanding, it wouldn't have been included with the detail it was into the text.

Do you believe that God has created other worlds (inhabited) besides ours?
You want me to give you my assumption? I dont like to assume things and try my best not to. If something isn't clear than i dont have a definite stance on the matter. However if i have to lean one way or the other, than i would have to use the same criteria to both the verses in Gen 6 and Job. The Sons of God in Job couldn't have been humans because the world wasn't yet created, therefore the Sons of God in genesis 6 would be the same beings as in Job, as who these beings were, is speculation, however if you look at the subject in depth than you will see that there is evidence that point to the fact that these were angels.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Read the Apocrypha, specifically Enoch if the canon doesn't do it for you. The entities are explicitly explained in Enoch, including what they become when they die, and what happened.

The Sons of God mated with human women and made offspring in the categories nephalim, rephaim, anakim and enim. They were giant because that Hebrew word translates to "nephilim," the general name for angel-human offspring.

It started in Genesis 3:15, and God put enmity between those two seeds. You will notice Cain is not listed as part of Adam''s genealogy.

The only two humans that have held, or hold the title of Son of God are Adam and Christ. So, the Sons of God are not Adam''s children. They are angels; even if you believe they are life on another planet I am sure there was some prime directive given by God that said you can't mingle seed, especially seed of man. Either way, it was a universal crime, and the angels got locked up for it in chains. Enoch details this also.

**But, Angels are spirits, and before Christ''s sacrifice son of man was carnal with no spirit (because we sinned and it died.) So, their offspring become mortal shells with angelic spirits. When the bodies die, the spirits roam seeking out a host. This is where many believe demons come from - and therefore a difference between the [fallen] angels.

The point was to pollute the bloodline of Christ so that He couldn't be born with unaltered genetics for a human. The world polluted human genetics in Noah''s time - even animal genetics. Noah was the only one with no genetic alterations (transhumanism.) But, they came back to try to do the same thing - pollute the bloodline of Christ.

Upvote 0