1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Generally, what is considered a sexual sin?

Discussion in 'Congregation-specific Ethics' started by alexamasan, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexamasan

alexamasan Newbie

Faith:
    Christian
    During a bible study I went to the other day, the pastor there was talking about how all homosexual acts were sinful, but there are some heterosexual acts that would be appropriate. I didn't think of the question at the time, but what do you guys think would be considered sexual sin?

The pastor didn't quite specify, but I'm sure having sex to have children would be fine, but do you guys think it would be sinful to do so otherwise?

2. noroses4u2c

noroses4u2c Newbie

Faith:
    Christian
    Homosexual activity is always a sin. That's not the way we were made to be.

3. alexamasan

alexamasan Newbie

Faith:
    Christian
    Well I'm happy someone finally replied, but the question wasn't answered. I guess people may have misunderstood the question, so I will put it more bluntly.

Would a married couple having sex simply because they're both horny be considered a sin? :confused:

4. Subdood

Subdood Active Contributor

Faith:
    Christian
    You mean, is sex within marriage for other than procreation sinful? No, I don't think so at all. In fact, I think quite the opposite, the spousal-role serves multiple purposes, including procreation - but also enjoyment of one another as well as release of God-given sexual urges, and when done in the context of a loving, intimate relationship, is not only condoned, but blessed by God - a gift.
    Paul addressed the marriage [bed] in I Corinthians (note that "Husband" refers to a man and "wife" refers to a woman and marriage in God's eyes is between a man and a woman. Homosexual sex of course, of any kind, is wrong ("Sodomy is not a family value") and should need nothing more to be said in that regard) thus:
    Paul acknowledges that men and women have sexual needs, needs that are not necessarily tied to the expressed purpose of procreation, and that neither spouse should "deprive one another" and give to each other their "conjugal rights" - realizing their bodies don't belong to themself but to their spouse.

Of course, such "rights" need to be voluntary, not forced, IMHO - and that out of love and respect for one's spouse - it wouldn't be right to force one's conjugal rights on one's spouse if they aren't ready or willing to give it ("headaches" may not always be a valid excuse, but you get my drift :D). In all things, even in (especially in) the marriage relationship - love.

God bless....

5. alexamasan

alexamasan Newbie

Faith:
    Christian
    Thank you very much for the wonderful answer. Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

6. ivebeenshown

ivebeenshown Expert invisible poster and thread killer

Faith:
    Catholic
    'The two flesh become one'

Does this mean a pat of the hand on a bare shoulder?

Or two anuses rubbing against each other?

Or a mouth on the hand?

Or a mouth on the mouth of another? Surely CPR is not sexual.

Rather, I believe it means two genitals becoming one.

I don't believe a mouth becomes one with either a penis or vagina. Likewise, a vagina does not become one with an anus, why is the penis any different?

I feel that this is the case regardless of the genders involved.

7. Kitty.

Kitty. Senior Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Homosexual acts are sinful.

Sex for other means than procreation is perfectly except as long as the two are married.

1 Corinthians 7:2-5 says

2Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

3Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

4The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

5Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

6But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

Paul is saying that a husband and wife should not deprive one other of sex unless they both agree.

Also, Song of Solomon has a lot in it about sex for pleasure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.