Gaither Homecoming Friends

RJR1950

Aug 30, 2013
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On the Old Friends video, they sang "I Wouldn't Take Nothing For My Journey Now." In the video, Bill Gaither introduced the song by mentioning an up and coming young musician who played piano on that song. He was a redheaded young man who absolutely "owned" the keyboard. He had a wonderful gospel touch to his playing. Does anyone know that guy's name? Since then, I have seen his name on a choral arrangement sung at our church, but I still can't remember his name. Thanks for your help.

RJR1950

Aug 30, 2013
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, Anthony came after the young man about whom I was inquiring. The one I'm interested in played the piano for the song "I Wouldn't Take Nothing for my Journey Now" recorded on the Gaither video "Old Friends." On the video (which I don't have obviously) Bill Gaither mentioned him as an up and coming player/composer as an introduction to the song. Thanks for your response anyway.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No, Anthony came after the young man about whom I was inquiring. The one I'm interested in played the piano for the song "I Wouldn't Take Nothing for my Journey Now" recorded on the Gaither video "Old Friends." On the video (which I don't have obviously) Bill Gaither mentioned him as an up and coming player/composer as an introduction to the song. Thanks for your response anyway.

Rjr1950;

Anthony Burger, Stan Whitmire, Tim Parton, Otis Forrest, and Geron Davis were the regulars back then. Gary Prim played more keyboards. Geron Davis would have been in his 20's back then and was red headed and he does choral music and is noted best for his song Holy Ground which is a gospel standard in praise and worship and church choirs. Also, Barbara Streisand recorded that song. Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. Geron Davis was the name I was trying to remember.

RJR, I am glad to help and I am glad you love southern gospel. I used to go to church with Geron and he is a nice guy and great writer. Another wonderful song he wrote was "In The Presence Of Jehovah". Check it out if you get a chance. God bless! Jerry kelso

Upvote 0