xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Thought I would expound a little more:

More importantly, the link unveils a valid Contextual interpretation of Rom.11:25, 26 Text. I'm a retired teacher and have promulgated for almost three decades that one must interpret the Scriptures going from the ancient languages forward to the English, eg, like the link partially and validly did. We personally have to do this due to one cannot trust our Christian think-tankers of today, nor their modern Commentaries, nor Church leaders. All accountable need an Interlinear, Lexicon, etc., and an 8 case Koine basic on-line or whatever course.

Most after 1930 or so interpret from the English backwards to the ancient languages throwing in a little Greek or Hebrew in to sweeten the pot.

The link omitted the following example althogh the conclusion was valid for sure: Again it is not necessary to place a period before v.26 (A.V.), a comma will do, ie, again "...shall come in, and thus all Israel will be saved...," contextually, grammatically, and aspectually "That petrifaction in part" has come, etc., (v.25) is only the preliminary statement, the incidental feature of the mystery, to which the main content of the mystery is attached:

"and thus all Israel will be saved." "Thus," outws "in this way," (the link nailed) with petrifaction in part coming to and continuing to remain with Israel until the end of time, "thus all Israel will be saved," all of it from the patriarchs onward until time ends and the work of saving the spriritual Israel is concluded of which the physical Israel was, is, and will be a part of, for those that embraced by faith in the promise to come or for those embracing by faith the promise that came.

Some ascribe a temporal sense of outws. They declare that it means "then"; then after fulness of the Gentiles shall have come in, all Israel shall be saved. Then others regard the adverb as "then" using other passages to support their novelty.

Like outos and all its forms, also the adverb outw is regularly used to refer back to something just stated, "thus," "in this way." Because "thus" refers back, "thus" and "then" are confused in Paul's statement, are still confused although this view has been so adequately refuted.

In v.25 "Israel" is the physical nation; hence it is claimed that in v.26 "all Israel" must have the same meaning. But in 9:7 we read: "all those of Israel (the physcial nation), not these are Israel (the spiritual Israel)." In the same brief sentance "Israel" is used in different senses.

Again, "in part" (v.25) and "all" in v.26 are directly opposed; hence it is claimed that, if the former refes to the nation, then the latter must also do so. The two are opposed in a real opposition as in 9:7, as in 11:7: the petrification "in part" is only physical Israel, the "all" who will be saved the spiritual Israel, which alone God regards as Israel.

Could continue on and on, but only wanted to put in a plug for all to interpret going forward eliminating all human reasoning.

Good job folks,

Humble pie Jack (IICor.4:7)

Isnt English a language?

For example, I have a Bishops Bible that I use, and I have the Greek new testament, as well as a myriad of other very old Bibles..

When I interpret scripture, I notice the Greek is using slightly different words to describe the same context that we get in English..

The scholars didnt "do the best they could", the Greek has been translated independently in english by enough people that have all provided the same context, as well as interpretation..

I think the newer English bibles are the problem personally, I dont use any bibles newer than 1611 for that reason..

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Isnt English a language?

For example, I have a Bishops Bible that I use, and I have the Greek new testament, as well as a myriad of other very old Bibles..

When I interpret scripture, I notice the Greek is using slightly different words to describe the same context that we get in English..

The scholars didnt "do the best they could", the Greek has been translated independently in english by enough people that have all provided the same context, as well as interpretation..

I think the newer English bibles are the problem personally, I dont use any bibles newer than 1611 for that reason..

I think the big boys concluded the K.J.V. was 97% accurate as a translation where I concluded more like 95% which is close enough for any Textual translation.

Using my ASV, AV, RSV (1950 lor so edition), and old AV brings up the percentage to about 98% leading to my end point:

Even if we had the original inspired, inerrant, and infallible Autographs before us, it would still require an interpretation in light of IIPet.1:20, 21, and in order to do this the former passage needs a valid interpretation.

From my experience Literalist interpret the Text (interpret words) where us non-literalist interpret the Context (context of the words) of the Text as a word of encouragement to you instead of a put down.

For example the K.J.V. of 1611 is in English but more in Jacobean Enlish, and words have changed since then obviously.

Important to grasp, ie, maybe you already have, why the Interlinears are a must, the Koine used a lot of hyperboton which even the best English reditions impossible to render over, ie, emphasis, governing, and etc.

Sorrry got carried away again,

I've presented this case to non-literalist, and most reject all the former, ie, more or less, thus not much hope for you. Hey, I tried again.

Humble pie Jack

btw even the Church latest census' statements of faith diverse to extremely diverse thus diverse contexts & interpretations where each think they have the one valid interpretation thus I think you need to rethink the 'same context, and etc.?

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think the big boys concluded the K.J.V. was 97% accurate as a translation where I concluded more like 95% which is close enough for any Textual translation.

Using my ASV, AV, RSV (1950 lor so edition), and old AV brings up the percentage to about 98% leading to my end point:

Even if we had the original inspired, inerrant, and infallible Autographs before us, it would still require an interpretation in light of IIPet.1:20, 21, and in order to do this the former passage needs a valid interpretation.

From my experience Literalist interpret the Text (interpret words) where us non-literalist interpret the Context (context of the words) of the Text as a word of encouragement to you instead of a put down.

For example the K.J.V. of 1611 is in English but more in Jacobean Enlish, and words have changed since then obviously.

Important to grasp, ie, maybe you already have, why the Interlinears are a must, the Koine used a lot of hyperboton which even the best English reditions impossible to render over, ie, emphasis, governing, and etc.

Sorrry got carried away again,

I've presented this case to non-literalist, and most reject all the former, ie, more or less, thus not much hope for you. Hey, I tried again.

Humble pie Jack

btw even the Church latest census' statements of faith diverse to extremely diverse thus diverse contexts & interpretations where each think they have the one valid interpretation thus I think you need to rethink the 'same context, and etc.?

I hear you man..

The KJV is markedly different even from its predecessor the Geneva Bible..

The English translations have only been diluted, thats why I use the old English Bibles.. Once you learn Old English, which takes no time at all, the scriptures read different than the newer Bibles..

For example..

KJV
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

1611 KJV
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weekes, shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himselfe, and the people of the Prince that shall come, shall destroy the citie, and the Sanctuarie, and the ende thereof shall be with a flood, and vnto the ende of the warre desolations are determined.

1560 Geneva (personal fav)
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weekes, shal Messiah be slaine, and shal haue nothing,, and the people of the prince that shal come, shal destroy the citie and the Sanctuarie, and the end thereof shalbe with a flood: and vnto the end of the battell it shalbe destroyed by desolations.

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I hear you man..

The KJV is markedly different even from its predecessor the Geneva Bible..

The English translations have only been diluted, thats why I use the old English Bibles.. Once you learn Old English, which takes no time at all, the scriptures read different than the newer Bibles..

For example..

KJV
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

1611 KJV
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weekes, shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himselfe, and the people of the Prince that shall come, shall destroy the citie, and the Sanctuarie, and the ende thereof shall be with a flood, and vnto the ende of the warre desolations are determined.

1560 Geneva (personal fav)
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weekes, shal Messiah be slaine, and shal haue nothing,, and the people of the prince that shal come, shal destroy the citie and the Sanctuarie, and the end thereof shalbe with a flood: and vnto the end of the battell it shalbe destroyed by desolations.

Interesting to say the least and thank you again,

Humble pie Jack

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Interesting to say the least and thank you again,

Humble pie Jack

Im chuck full of interesting things, to say the least..

And thank you again..

You almost had me running to a Lutheran Church for fellowship, but then I started to disagree with your interpretations and understanding.

To each his own, but to all Christ..

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Im chuck full of interesting things, to say the least..

And thank you again..

You almost had me running to a Lutheran Church for fellowship, but then I started to disagree with your interpretations and understanding.

To each his own, but to all Christ..

Agreeing to disagree,

Humble pie Jack

btw you and I have somehing in common, ie, most disagree with us

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Agreeing to disagree,

Humble pie Jack

btw you and I have somehing in common, ie, most disagree with us

lol, Im not exactly a conventional Christian..

I am an independent thinker, a true autodidact..

When I came to Christ, it was through a completely unbiased approach to scripture..

My understandings are shared ironically by all sects of Christianity..

Each sect of Christianity has things they get right, and things they get wrong..

By staying a Bible Christian, I let the Word do the interpreting, not the preacher...

Perhaps its my call to minister, which I do daily with fervent regard..

God Bless!

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, your preterist programming mechanisms tell you to refer to Romans 9 when a Christian challenges you on Romans11.. Ive been on to you for a while now bro..

Check it.. Its not prophecy, but you may benefit from it..

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
This is the typical response because your back is against the wall...but you'll believe what you want.

Carry on. I will not engage in folly.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thought I would expound a little more:

More importantly, the link unveils a valid Contextual interpretation of Rom.11:25, 26 Text. I'm a retired teacher and have promulgated for almost three decades that one must interpret the Scriptures going from the ancient languages forward to the English, eg, like the link partially and validly did. We personally have to do this due to one cannot trust our Christian think-tankers of today, nor their modern Commentaries, nor Church leaders. All accountable need an Interlinear, Lexicon, etc., and an 8 case Koine basic on-line or whatever course.

Most after 1930 or so interpret from the English backwards to the ancient languages throwing in a little Greek or Hebrew in to sweeten the pot.

The link omitted the following example althogh the conclusion was valid for sure: Again it is not necessary to place a period before v.26 (A.V.), a comma will do, ie, again "...shall come in, and thus all Israel will be saved...," contextually, grammatically, and aspectually "That petrifaction in part" has come, etc., (v.25) is only the preliminary statement, the incidental feature of the mystery, to which the main content of the mystery is attached:

"and thus all Israel will be saved." "Thus," outws "in this way," (the link nailed) with petrifaction in part coming to and continuing to remain with Israel until the end of time, "thus all Israel will be saved," all of it from the patriarchs onward until time ends and the work of saving the spriritual Israel is concluded of which the physical Israel was, is, and will be a part of, for those that embraced by faith in the promise to come or for those embracing by faith the promise that came.

Some ascribe a temporal sense of outws. They declare that it means "then"; then after fulness of the Gentiles shall have come in, all Israel shall be saved. Then others regard the adverb as "then" using other passages to support their novelty.

Like outos and all its forms, also the adverb outw is regularly used to refer back to something just stated, "thus," "in this way." Because "thus" refers back, "thus" and "then" are confused in Paul's statement, are still confused although this view has been so adequately refuted.

In v.25 "Israel" is the physical nation; hence it is claimed that in v.26 "all Israel" must have the same meaning. But in 9:7 we read: "all those of Israel (the physcial nation), not these are Israel (the spiritual Israel)." In the same brief sentance "Israel" is used in different senses.

Again, "in part" (v.25) and "all" in v.26 are directly opposed; hence it is claimed that, if the former refes to the nation, then the latter must also do so. The two are opposed in a real opposition as in 9:7, as in 11:7: the petrification "in part" is only physical Israel, the "all" who will be saved the spiritual Israel, which alone God regards as Israel.

Could continue on and on, but only wanted to put in a plug for all to interpret going forward eliminating all human reasoning.

Good job folks,

Humble pie Jack (IICor.4:7)

Good job Jack...you did exactly what I had to do...which is "research and return".

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Good job Jack...you did exactly what I had to do...which is "research and return".

Wait till you hit 74, ie, have to do more research due to too many senior moments - lol

Humble pie Jack

btw I do like CP, ie, he does have a heart for our Lord

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums