Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just talking bout secular schools here but ive seen in Christian schools as well. Where the parents have to give up their time to clean the school, fundraise etc. and they have higher fees. But i guess its different.
I understand, I believe the faith of many may be a little shallow.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I do believe that we present our requests to God first and He will provide everything we need, on His timing. We do our part with what we have and He does his.

I dont know how fundraising fits in all this..to me its kind of like begging.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't recall fundraising in the bible the only mention is to the young rich ruler to sell all he has, give to the poor and go follow Jesus.

I'm sort of ok with carboot sale but I don't really see those ppl at the carboot sale actually coming to church. So they might be selling all they have and keeping the profit but then what.

At least they don't need to pay taxes.

Also when Jesus went to pay tribute money he didn't actually have any and got it from a fish.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When Jesus did the miracle of loaves and fishes...it was because...they didn't have enough money to buy the food. He could have multiplied the money and then the disciples could have gone and bought all the food but no he multiplied the loaves and fishes. You can't eat money.

But interesting he found the money for the tax tribute in the fishes mouth. He didn't...catch a fish and then sell it.

Is there lesson in this? hmm

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
i've had to tell mum I can spend the money I earned/savings how I like she was financially controlling me telling me I couldn't spend it. It was to the point where it was getting crazy - I had the money, yet I couldn't spend it. She expected me to buy a house with it, but that is just out of reach, not even enough for a deposit, and a deposit is just that you still going to be in debt for many years till you basically die from overwork.

I've given up trying to make sense of how she thinks. I try telling her in todays generation it was NOT how it was when she was starting out. She didn't even start out she pretty much married and then she gets to live with dad and share the house, then buys another one and gets rental from that. And thats her nest egg.

I read this book about a lady who owned a house, got flatmates in, then she gave it up to live in a tiny home on a trailer where she has to share someone else's shower. she basically lives in a kennel with her dog. She owns no land.

houses actually are not always safe..they eventually fall apart its the land that counts cos thats where you are going to be buried and then resurrected when you leave this earth.

That's what I've learned anyway.
You can spend all this money on a fancy home only to have it go up in flames.

Upvote 0

tienkhoanguyen

non-denominational Christian
Dec 17, 2016
Houston, TX
✟1,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank you!
You know.. in the end we answer to God. Clue is.. its BETTER to learn it here.. change here...not after this. For me.. if its for GOD...then all money goes to HIM period. I am not like most. Some live off it..praise GOD. But..

What is it you want? And you know Jesus right? What does "BS" stand for? ;) WHAT IS IT YOU WANT? I as kind a wondering why I thought of something just a few min ago. How about Jesus "And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." God in Jerm "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?"...again WHAT IS IT YOU WANT? Just WHO are you? WHOS are you? WHO is your Father? Get it right.. not my man but by HIM. Your DADDY is A GOD..thee ONLY TRUE LIVING GOD! WOW. Sorry what do you need? If GOD is for you who si against you? What EVER the DOUBT is.. shove WHAT IS WRITTEN back at it

He is about to.. open door.. huge. So take alook around. Light or dark matters not. I have never seen the righteous forsaken or begging for bread. Believing in JESUS...you are IN RIGHT STANDING with the Father!
Thanks.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is important to continue trying to get a steady job though. Is that the main point your mom is making? Sometimes it isn't easy, but with perseverance, you can find something to at least start from.

It may be less work to actually work a full time job than try to make fundraising work, since there is a lot involved in that. Perhaps the fundraising can be specifically for your charity, and the job for your living expenses?

You don't need to answer this, but what is your job that you do at home? Is it a steady job? Full time or as needed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just think how Jesus ran the money changers out of the temple.. he was really mad at them, they would have justified it by saying they were fundraising for the temples upkeep.
They were using the Temple as a place to make money. They took advantage of people needing to buy sacrifices by selling them in the Temple itself. They hoarded riches for themselves and took advantage of the poor for their sacrifices to God, and they made the Temple a marketplace. There were tithes of the people to upkeep the Temple. That was ordained by God Himself. However, that was already done, and this additional marketplace was more for personal gain and excess. They used the Temple of God to store up riches here on Earth.

Upvote 0