Dallas/Ft Worth
✟71,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the fullness of the gentiles phrase used by Paul in Romans...

What is being said by Paul is that Israel has been blinded to the gospel, and will continue - until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

And Paul had been sent by Jesus to preached the gospel to the Gentiles.

Going back to Matthew 24, the gospel would be preached to all nations (the gentiles) - then the end would come.

So putting everything together, Israel will be saved, their blindness removed, in the end times after the gospel has been preached to all nations. Which is our times.

Doug

Do you think Israel's blindness refer to the law ?... That Israel will one day accept the new covenant and forsake serving the law and accept Christ fulfilling the law for them ?

Upvote 0

coraline

Apr 22, 2013
Florida
✟1,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The world will fall away from the faith when the false messiah comes....

Who said the "world" were those of faith?
Gods wrath will be poured upon that era
Where is the word "era" in scripture?
For now we are called to come to Christ and believe the gospel .. If god had not send him we would all be lost in sin..
Agreed.
Yet there are those who hates what he stands for... Christ has enemies... And his enemies of the world seek to deceive us ... To destroy us... To destroy true Christianity by any means possible...
Yes, that's true.
God must stop this wickedness or Christianity will die off forever...
Well, we of faith can pray for goodness, love, & peace in the world.

But God did not make man His puppets. He gave him a free will. And that is why sin will always be in the world.

But the Good News is:

Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him. ~ Psa.2.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟71,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who said the "world" were those of faith?

Good point .. Perhaps those who were of the faith fall away to worldly lust... Not sure...but powers that be are responsible .. Mystery Babylon at work again for the last time

Where is the word "era" in scripture?

Scripture says generation ..I say era to clarify

Agreed.
Yes, that's true.
Well, we of faith can pray for goodness, love, & peace in the world.

True ..but a time comes when god has to intervene on the affairs of this age to come

But God did not make man His puppets. He gave him a free will. And that is why sin will always be in the world.

But the Good News is:

Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him. ~ Psa.2.

Amen sis :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually 'kai houtos' (and in this way) means that there will be partial blindness right to the end. There will in Gentiles too.

It is the final paragraph of 11 (not the prayer or doxology) that should rub against this line about the fulness. The 'all Israel' is not the nation or race. The final paragraph is trying to say all of God's dealings on this matter are completed, now, present tense, in and through the Gospel. The declarations of the Gospel both bind all men over to sin, and have mercy on them all who believe.

The historical quotes of Isaiah (they were meant to be seen as past, done deal) and the 3 "nows" of the final paragraph show us the matter of doing enough for Israel is resolved in the Gospel.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟71,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually 'kai houtos' (and in this way) means that there will be partial blindness right to the end. There will in Gentiles too.

It is the final paragraph of 11 (not the prayer or doxology) that should rub against this line about the fulness. The 'all Israel' is not the nation or race. The final paragraph is trying to say all of God's dealings on this matter are completed, now, present tense, in and through the Gospel. The declarations of the Gospel both bind all men over to sin, and have mercy on them all who believe.

The historical quotes of Isaiah (they were meant to be seen as past, done deal) and the 3 "nows" of the final paragraph show us the matter of doing enough for Israel is resolved in the Gospel.

What happened to the return of Christ immediately after the trib of 70 ad inter?

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Exactly, dfw. That is the 'only real eschatology question.' There is no question 24A was about the 60s in Judea. And 24 says the final day of judgement was to be 'immediately after' those awful days, but also only the Father would decide. He decided not, at least, not right then. 2 Pet 3 therefore shows great harmony with 24B. So I ask:

did the NT allow for a distant final day of judgement while expecting it to be right after the DofJ? I say yes, and I say that is the only real question. I realize this pulls much of Rev toward the traumas of the 7th decade Judea--Nero, invasion, the revolt, the awful treatment of Christians, etc. But I don't find that I can conclude any other way: the NT warned directly, and with hope, about the disasters of 66+ and expected the final day of judgement right after the DofJ, but allowed for the final judgement to be distant.

The apostles really did not know beforehand whether the final would be immediate or long. The DofJ is obviously a conclusion of things Judaic; the distant final judgement has no Judaic matters to deal with or resolve. It will come upon all mankind, as proven by the resurrection of Christ, Acts 17. The apostles saw their mission to be to verbally offer justification from sins before that, as envoys/ambassadors of the grace of God in Christ Jesus, 2 Cor 4-6.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bar Melek

Nov 15, 2013
✟7,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yet true Christianity will prevail .. For the gates of hell shall not prevail against Christ church... The New Testament is here to stay ... Though his enemies seek to destroy the New Testament ...in the end they will fail

Until Yahshua Christ returns, the world will continue to grow darker and more evil. But, yes, the final victory belongs to God. Satan's time of full ascendancy and reign on earth will not be long.

Upvote 0

Bar Melek

Nov 15, 2013
✟7,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The modern nation state of Israel is a fraud, a counterfeit, a fake. It is New Edom. The modern Jews are no Jews at all. They are blasphemers, the "synagogue of Satan". Maybe you all should spend less time on this forum and more time reading the Bible, researching history, and praying to God for the leadership of His Son and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Don't be one of those churchgoers that fall away in the final apostasy or end up getting taken captive by the strong delusion. Ignorance will be no excuse before the throne of God. Especially for people who had internet access.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟71,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Until Yahshua Christ returns, the world will continue to grow darker and more evil. But, yes, the final victory belongs to God. Satan's time of full ascendancy and reign on earth will not be long.

Not be long?... Not according to prophecy... A false messiah comes first putting all under Talmud and Torah laws ... Noachide laws for Gentiles Torah for Jews

Do you believe Jesus will put Gentiles under noachide law and Jews mitsvah?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bar Melek

Nov 15, 2013
✟7,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not be long?... Not according to prophecy... A false messiah comes first putting all under Talmud and Torah laws ... Noachide laws for Gentiles Torah for Jews

Do you believe Jesus will put Gentiles under noachide law and Jews mitsvah?

I was only paraphrasing Scripture. Revelation says Satan has "but a short time".

KJV Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

The 'holy' book of the so-called 'Jews' is the Talmud. That what's they actually mean when they say Torah most of the time.

Upvote 0

Bar Melek

Nov 15, 2013
✟7,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyway, I'm not going to debate back and forth for hours. I posted links to the websites where I discuss my views on these matters, with the Biblical and historical evidence from which I draw my conclusions. If you don't want to read that much, I'm sorry. But I'm not going to keep typing things that I've already typed. All you have to do is click a few links on the thread I started.

Upvote 0

coraline

Apr 22, 2013
Florida
✟1,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was only paraphrasing Scripture. Revelation says Satan has "but a short time".

KJV Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

The 'holy' book of the so-called 'Jews' is the Talmud. That what's they actually mean when they say Torah most of the time.

Yes, Satan "had" a short time.

Romans 16:20,
20 And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly.
(emph. mine)

This was the fulfillment of Genesis 3:15

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟71,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Really ? I did not know that .. Thanks

But what do you think of the Talmud placed upon christians?

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟71,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Satan "had" a short time.

Romans 16:20,
20 And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly.
(emph. mine)

This was the fulfillment of Genesis 3:15

Not fulfilled but getting closer to the day more closer that 2000 years ago

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟71,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyway, I'm not going to debate back and forth for hours. I posted links to the websites where I discuss my views on these matters, with the Biblical and historical evidence from which I draw my conclusions. If you don't want to read that much, I'm sorry. But I'm not going to keep typing things that I've already typed. All you have to do is click a few links on the thread I started.

That's fine but I come on these forums to talk to individual not read blogs or whatever ... I prefer interactions... That's just me :)

Upvote 0

Bar Melek

Nov 15, 2013
✟7,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I mean by the time of Satan's full ascendancy is the reign of the Anti-christ, that Wicked one. No, he's not been revealed yet. 2 Thess. chapter 2 that a strong delusion will be unleashed along with him, and no one will be saved after that who hasn't already accepted Christ. It's pretty plain and simple to understand. Requires no complex mental gymnastics.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟71,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lean not on your own imaginations , friend..

That isn't reality.

Where is satan then? Is he not the prince and power of the air ?

Eph 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Upvote 0