Fuller Seminary: Link between Charismatics and Emerging

speakout

Aug 16, 2007
✟1,541.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How can they be resposible for 1) Third wave Charismatic movement and John Wimber.

2) Emeging Church, look at how many leaders come from Fuller.

I kept going to universities and hearing stuff I could not believe from ministers in Charismatic churches i.e. suporting Evolution etc. But they were different in their churches.

The charismatics were the forerunners to the Emerging churches. This is not welll known but there are clear links.

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I kept going to universities and hearing stuff I could not believe from ministers in Charismatic churches i.e. suporting Evolution etc. But they were different in their churches.

Of course, most churches support evolution.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How can they be resposible for 1) Third wave Charismatic movement and John Wimber.

2) Emeging Church, look at how many leaders come from Fuller.

The charismatics were the forerunners to the Emerging churches. This is not welll known but there are clear links.

Wimber came out of Fuller, no? They disagreed on the direction of the Spirit, with Wimber believing 'anything goes', including barking and laughing (up to a point), while Chuck? said something along the lines of scripture first or no manifestations?

Isn't Vineyard pretty much shriveling (the leader is dead after all)?

The emerging church means what and coming from what?

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
But I thought that being charismatic, they believe in miracles.

Church who believe in Evolution do not believe in miracles, on the whole.
Um, that's not true. The reverse is likely to be true - that someone who doesn't believe in miracles will most likely believe in evolution - but the majority of Christians have no problem with evolution and miracles. That would certainly include most Anglicans and Catholics.

Upvote 0