Full-page ad in The New York Times: "It's time to quit the Catholic Church"...

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
"Dark Ages" huh... insanity.

I think I will just make my signature to say "INSANITY" since that is what things keep appearing to be to me.

"The world holds us to be fools; let us hold it to be mad."
-St. Francis de Sales

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
All the news that fits...
This anti-Catholic ad is considered acceptable copy for The New York Times, while this other ad is not. For the sake of argument, let’s grant that the men behind the second ad are bomb-throwing Muslim baiters. And your point is what?

The point is that the Times figures that it's okay to insult Catholics because all they'll do is protest and write letters while the Muslims have seemed to do a lot more. There *is* a double standard. One religion is treated better than another because of the actions of even a minority. And the Times has now degraded itself to something no better than a "yellow rag". It's not the great "gray lady" anymore.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The point is that the Times figures that it's okay to insult Catholics because all they'll do is protest and write letters while the Muslims have seemed to do a lot more. There *is* a double standard. One religion is treated better than another because of the actions of even a minority. And the Times has now degraded itself to something no better than a "yellow rag". It's not the great "gray lady" anymore.

Like it or not, it is still an influential quality newspaper, even if you don't agree with the tone it sets.

Out of sheer curiosity, AMDG - which newspapers do you prefer?

Upvote 0